App crashing

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Jeffc234

App crashing

Postby Jeffc234 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi,
I have an iPad mini and a Zink happy printer. On the Wifibooth app, when I try to change the paper size to anything (my photo strip paper is 2 inches wide) it constantly crashes. Help!!
Thanks,
Jeff

tim
Site Admin

Re: App crashing

Postby tim » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

I see 5 crashes today by 1 user on an iPad mini, iOS 9.0.2. Is that you?
If so, please update iOS to a newer version, like 9.3.5 or newer.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 am

Hi Tim,

I keep getting the crash screens when going from taking a picture back to gallery, and I cant get out of them without going back through screens. I did this last night UK time around 8 or 9pm. I was trying to make a print out with one big photo like a polaroid

One screen was a loading wheel about a third full of pink

The other was a camera with a face on the lens.

Teddy

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am

Hi Teddy
I don't understand - can you help me understand what happened?
"Crash" refers to the app suddenly not running anymore, ie. all of a sudden you're back on the home screen. Did the app crash, or did it do something unexpected?
Seeing the loading wheel stuck on the homescreen (so you can't take any more photos) should be fixed in the upcoming beta update - i'll get that out today, please try it!
What camera are you using, and are you using airprint to print or something else?
thanks!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Hey Teddy
Update: please try build 5316, just released today. It should fix the issue of getting "stuck" on the loading/progress screen after photos are taken. Use the Testflight app to update to this.
I'd still like you to answer my questions above when you have time :D
thanks

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 am

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay!

"Seeing the loading wheel stuck on the homescreen (so you can't take any more photos) should be fixed in the upcoming beta update - i'll get that out today, please try it" This i what happened, I'll test out the app this eve,

"What camera are you using, and are you using airprint to print or something else?" using the front camera of the ipad. I use printopia to connect to a DNP printer via a macbook. but the printer wasn't connected, I was just testing your new app and the GIF functionality.

""Crash" refers to the app suddenly not running anymore, ie. all of a sudden you're back on the home screen. Did the app crash, or did it do something unexpected?" The problem happened when I went in between the screen that takes the pictures and the gallery page. I would get a loading wheel which didnt ever complete, and when I looked at the photos there was a pink camera image that had a confused face on the lens. I can't upload a screen shot!

Thanks as ever I'll test out your update :)

Teddy

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

Hi Teddy,
OK thanks for the answers!
The update (4.1.0) is already on the app store, so you don't need to use testflight anymore.
Hopefully all of the issues you found have been solved -- definitely a few problems in the beta of getting stuck on the loading screen were solved before the update went live on the app store.

Return to “Help: Other issues”