Perfect Layouts!?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
johannTBox

Perfect Layouts!?

Postby johannTBox » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:39 am

<t>Hey Wificommunity,<br/>
<br/>
I‘m already done with my setup and now starting to get into the deeps of the app. <br/>
<br/>
I would really appreciate it, if you guys/girls could add some pictures/collages that you were really satisfied with.<br/>
<br/>
I already found the very nice information in here that the app Canva can be used to make very interesting layouts overlays. <br/>
<br/>
<br/>
Thank you in advance and have great day.<br/>
<br/>
Johann</t>

tim
Site Admin

Re: Perfect Layouts!?

Postby tim » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi Johann,
At the moment the way to make layouts is to choose your logo and where it goes, and create an overlay for the collage & potentially for the photos too. A lot of this depends heavily on your branding: are you branding your business, or the specific event itself? And also whether your logo(s) are more square-ish or more landscape-ish...

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your custom box! Show us what you made!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:17 pm

... one thing you can do that I don't think is very obvious, is to create a collage overlay that is a transparent PNG, and set it to be the full size of the collage ("Maximized" option on collage watermark position screen).
Achtung: you have to be careful how you transfer the PNG to the iPad -- make sure you use a method that preserves the transparency of the PNG. I heard that one person found AirDrop did not. I think AirDrop works for me, but I used dropbox in this case to get the image to the iPad.

The result can be something like this (fairly contrived, I know), which has a transparent overlay as the collage watermark, a logo, and a background color.

One note: I found a bug in wifibooth that prevents the overlay from going all the way to the edges, if the collage border setting is not zero but the outer collage borders setting is zero. Oops! It's fixed for the next update 4.1.4, coming soon.

Here is the collage overlay PNG that I made for this example (yes I know it is terrible):

Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Hey Tim,

Thank you for your reply.

I was aware of working with transparent png’s. But there are difficulties with my ideal thought of overlays as I can’t set them the size I need to be on the right position. I find myself not quite sure about the way your borders work. The three options kinda confuse me...

Can you give a hint on how they work exactly?

This what I tried to do:

I built an overlay on top of a saved collage so that I can see where the positions of the pictures are. But after deleting the picture in the background and saving it as transparent overlay I can’t set the app to the perfect position.

Following pictures may give a better hint of what I am trying to do:

It should look like this like in my affinity app

But it looks like this when I put it in as overlay

Maybe you can show how to manage it that the frames would be in the right position?

Thank you

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 am

Cool layout. I think it is basically not possible to do what in wifibooth right now. But it should be!
I think I only need to add one thing to make it possible: the ability to have a border around the photos (the thin white border you have)
If I make you a beta version with that, will you try it out?

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:34 am

What kinda question is that? Definitely/gladly ;)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi Johann, you should have access via Testflight to install build 5353 or newer (v 4.2.0). Please try out the new border settings at the bottom of Event Settings -> Collages. I'd also appreciate if you could try out the facebook integration and let me know if that works for you.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:10 am

Hey I am still playing around but just as an example one photo. Till now it works very promising and looks very good.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Hey Tim,

When I do pinch to zoom or to resize the pictures, the frames do not change with them.so there is space between pics and frames. Is that a bug or a calculated “very hard one”?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Hmm i didnt think about that. I think it should be doable. Ill take a look

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Hey Tim,

I also tested the new ‘logo on startsreen‘ (it is new right?). Can you give me a hint of your intention here? Is it just for the users without liveview?

I put a logo and don’t really know if that is the usecase...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:17 pm

People have asked for that, yes: to put a logo over top of the home screen

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:35 pm

When I do pinch to zoom or to resize the pictures, the frames do not change with them.so there is space between pics and frames. Is that a bug or a calculated “very hard one”?
Hey Johann this is fixed in the next update. You'll notice that I removed showing the border from the collage building screen, but, the borders are added when the collage is generated. Also, the setting applies to photos that are not in collages too.

MattyM

Postby MattyM » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi y'all.

I really want to use wifi booth for a few parties this year. I just finished up creating a template using the landscape layout and 4 photos. I placed a logo in box 1 and then placed an overlay on top. Everything looked great when taking the photos and when sending the collage digitally. The issue came with printing. I must have tried 20 times but I can't seem to make it so there is no white border on the photo.

Can you please tell me how to make it so it prints without a border.

When printing 3 ups the overlay extends to the edges and everything is good. Please advise I need to be able to offer this orientation. It looks so good except for the white border on the long sides.

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Hi MattyM
Can you try adjusting the print insets? Hit the printer icon top-left, then in there you should see inset settings. You want to increase the inset to remove more of the white border. So if the border is on the top, increase the top inset.

MattyM

Postby MattyM » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:46 pm

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the reply. I tried increasing the top and bottom to 100 and it enlarged the border area. I tried - 100 and - 100 and it went to the edge but cropped. I'm guess the solution lies some where between -100 and 100. So you think by adjusting the inset is how I solve this?

Thank you!

MattyM

Postby MattyM » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Problem Solved. For the Canon cp1300 the Bottom was set to -23 and the top was set to 23. This allowed the overlay to reach the edges.

Thanks Tim.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Great to hear it, thanks for letting me know!
Booth.Events is missing this inset logic, I need to port it over...

MattyM

Postby MattyM » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Tim,

Is there a way to have the 3 photos on top, the logo in 4 while having 5 be the larger photo. Basically the orientation for 4 photos in landscape with logo in 1 but rearranged.

Thank you,

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:44 pm

Not with Wifibooth.
For fine-grained template control check out Booth.Events, that’s a big reason we made it!

MattyM

Postby MattyM » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:52 pm

I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Return to “Help: Other issues”