iPad Air 2 vs iPad Pro?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
pana85

iPad Air 2 vs iPad Pro?

Postby pana85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Hey, I want to start out by saying I love the app Tim. Its a ton of fun and has been a hit at parties.

What's the verdict on the iPad Air 2 vs iPad Pro as far as performance goes? Do you think the additional cost of the Pro is worth it vs the Air 2?

Thanks for your time!

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad Air 2 vs iPad Pro?

Postby tim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi there,
Thanks a lot! It makes it much easier to spend all day on the computer when I hear things like that :)

The answer to your question is that it depends on how much extra you are going to spend.
Here are some thoughts to help:
- If you can get an iPad 12.9", get one any way you can. These are just simply the BEST at parties for Wifibooth. Yes, they're expensive but sometimes you can find them used
- If you can get an iPad 10.5", get one -- again, bigger really is better
- Otherwise, if you are asking about the iPad Pro 9.7", I don't think it is worth buying one new, because you should be able to find an iPad Air 2 used that's considerably cheaper.

I found a used iPad 12.9" and that's what I use exclusively at the events I run, and it is a huge improvement over my older iPad Air 1.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 pm

if you are using the buildt in ipad camera the pro has a much better resolution of 5.7mp vs 1.2mp for the air
IMHO the 10.5 being only 0.8" bigger is really not worth double the price.
of course if you are using an external camera the air 2 is fine.

pana85

Postby pana85 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks for the replies! I'm sticking with my 12.9" Pro. I thought it might be overkill, but I took it to a gig and it was a hit. Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Oh yeah - the 12.9 is undoubtedly the best ipad for wifibooth!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”