Emails / Files waiting to upload...

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
tim
Site Admin

Re: Emails / Files waiting to upload...

Postby tim » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi louis I will help you.
Please confirm the wifi you have tried to use does not require a login via a webpage, ie no popup window right after you connect the wifi like in a hotel or airport

Then, please answer these questions:

1. Please open the event, and open the status popup. That's near the top right side of the screen, its icon is a wifi symbol. In that popup, do you see any messages in red? What does it say?
2. Please tell me what is enabled from this list: dropbox, facebook, email, twilio. For email please tell me the setting - as attachment or as dropbox link
3. If facebook is enabled, please tell me if the original photo album created on facebook by wifibooth is still present (ie. did you delete it)
4. Please tell me if you renamed this event and used it again. Ie did you use it on day 1, rename event to something else, use it again on day 2 etc. This is supported but is important for me for the investigation.

As soon as you reply I will get right on this
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Louiscole2

Postby Louiscole2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:15 am

1. No messages in red just says all systems go
2. Just dropbox enabled. For email setting as dropbox link
3. Facebook not enabled
4. I might have renamed by capitalising the Event name, I think originally it was all lower case

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 am

Hmm.
Two things to check:
1) is your Dropbox account full (no more space left) ?
2) maybe you hit your gmail send limit for the day. Can you please try sending another test email, now that it is a different day?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Louiscole2

Postby Louiscole2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 am

1) Dropbox account has plenty of space
2) email tests still not working, I don’t think its related to send limit

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am

OK. I just sent an email to you (the address you signed up to this forum with)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:31 pm

For anyone else reading this, we found the issue: there's a bug in Wifibooth that will allow users to enter malformed email addresses like this: user@@domain.com, and also user@domain..com

This bug will be fixed in 4.4.7.

In the meantime, there's a workaround:
1. start Wifibooth. If it wasn't already running, wait 10 seconds before continuing
2. on the event selection screen, touch the row where it shows items uploading / waiting to upload to open the popup where you can see the waiting items. Find the row that has the malformed email address, and swipe that row from right-to-left to expose the delete button. Be careful not to accidentally hit the Delete All Data button.
3. hit the red delete button you exposed, and confirm your action.
4. wait 2 seconds, then kill wifibooth: double-tap home button, swipe it away
5. start wifibooth again. You should see email start to flow again.

Return to “Help: Other issues”