Emails / Files waiting to upload...

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
bskphoto

Emails / Files waiting to upload...

Postby bskphoto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:36 am

Hi Tim, I have been trying to integrate Wifibooth into my workflow for a few upcoming projects... but I keep having issues with emails failing to send / files not being delivered. When I view the event in question on the "Events" page on the iPad app, it keeps saying "Uploading now <3" then flashing in red some text I can't read. I think the red text says something about the file not being able to send, and asking me to send a test email.

I was able to successfully send a few tests and images when I first installed the app, but this is a major issue for me as I'm looking to use this for a few high-volume events. I can't risk the chance of these emails not sending.

When I go into the event settings, it keeps prompting me with the "Email: Your email host is set to smtp.gmail.com. Is your email a GMail account, or hosted by Google? No/Yes. Login" window. This is a Gmail account, so I click Yes. Then I have verified all my account info (and tried two accounts), but it keeps disconnecting / failing.

I tried doing a hard reset of the iPad, deleting the event and creating a new event, and deleting and reinstalling the app. Deleting and reinstalling the app helped clear a few of the emails but then the same issue happened.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Emails / Files waiting to upload...

Postby tim » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 am

Hi bskphoto,
Ouch - that's bad, let's get this fixed!
First: are you fully updated to version 4.1.0, which came out monday? You can check by going to Settings app -> wifibooth. This version has email-specific fixes.
If you are not updated, then we need to be careful to get this fixed before you update.
If you ARE already at 4.1.0 then please let me know if it is possible that your event's data (emails) was generated BEFORE the update, and then you are trying to send the data AFTER the update. I don't think this is the case, because I don't think the old data would be found...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi Tim,

This is happening for me too. Emails haven’t been saving in the open addresses bit. And they aren’t sending

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Tagsman,
Are you emailing dropbox links, or attached photos?
Are you seeing the emails waiting / stuck on the event selection screen (ie."files waiting to upload") ?

I'm fixing a bug right now that causes emails to get sent multiple times, when they should only get sent once.
I'll let you know when there is a new build up...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

bskphoto

Postby bskphoto » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:56 pm

I figured out what the issue was, kind of. This works pretty reliably if I use a gmail address – it doesn't work at all if I am using an email address associated with my own (or any custom/private) domain (even though these accounts are still managed/hosted by gmail.

I first downloaded/bought/began using the app on Monday... so I never had access to software prior to version 4.1.0

At any rate, this seems like a bug that would be worth addressing. In the interim, I'm going to have to use one of my gmail accounts for delivery.

Thanks,

Bennett

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi Tagsman,
Are you emailing dropbox links, or attached photos?
Are you seeing the emails waiting / stuck on the event selection screen (ie."files waiting to upload") ?

I'm fixing a bug right now that causes emails to get sent multiple times, when they should only get sent once.
I'll let you know when there is a new build up...
Hi Tim, yes that’s what’s happening. So emails aren’t sending. It also doesn’t look like they’ve saved, but I won’t know until I’m back from this event!

Is there any way of going back to an old build for one event tomorrow that needs email?

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi Tagsman,
Nothing is being lost. The data is safely stored: the bug is in the logic that processes the stored files. The bug is not destructive: it does not delete data.

Are you running wifibooth offline, ie. no internet connection?
IMPORTANT: if yes, do *not* open wifibooth again when the ipad has internet connection, until I fix this issue: it will send the emails too many times (duplicates). Wait until i've fixed this bug ... i hope the update, 4.1.2, will be in the store tomorrow. About to submit it now.

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Ok Tim, thanks for the amazing service yet again!

If we keep doing the event without internet tomorrow so the photos and emails are saved, then update to the new package, will it then send the emails from this evening?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Tagsman,
Yes that should work, but: can you please tell me which version of wifibooth you are using? Go to settings app -> wifibooth -> look at bottom
You are welcome! I apologize that there was a bug in the first place...

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 am

4.1.1 build 5320 is mine

tagsman

Postby tagsman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 am

Hi TIm,

I had to log in to the internet for another event, and all the emails sent correctly this morning just once!

new event, emails are sending as well, and all looks good :D

Teddy

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Teddy
That's great! I'm really glad you didn't have my app spamming your customers :shock:
I'm hoping Apple approves the update (4.1.2, build 5322) today, which has the fix for this, as well as yet another fix for Google email login happening more than it should

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:02 pm

OK after battling Apple (3 rejections for unrelated subscription stuff, argh), 4.1.2 update is finally live in the app store. I recommend you update to it before having wifibooth upload offline data.

petsdomain

Postby petsdomain » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Hello! In relevance to this post...(could not find the "new topic" button on this forum so I apologize for crashing this thread!)

Our company recently purchased ProWifiBooth Saturday Feb 17th, and initially had absolutely no issues with the emailing function.
However, we used the booth app yesterday for an event ( on an ipad ios 11 ) and the email function just stopped working.
On the "choose event" screen it appears that there are files uploading, but very slowly and keeps flashing "send test email"
I've sent a few test emails and it says that there is an error.
All of the emails we saved from the event are missing as well. We were connected to wifi at this event as well, and the print function was working perfectly.
Any idea what might be going wrong?
Thanks!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi Petsdomain,
There was an update on Saturday afternoon/evening that should have fixed the email issues: 4.1.2. You can check your wifibooth version by going to Settings App -> Wifibooth. If your device has automatic updates turned on, you can see if this update was applied after you experienced the problems, by going to the App Store app -> Updates tab.
Also, if you are seeing errors when you try to send a test email, then one of two things is happening:
1) your wifi isn't allowing you direct access to your email server. Example: hotel / event-hall wifi that has a login screen
2) your email settings aren't correct. One thing you can try: go to email settings, erase smtp username, erase smtp server, close. Then go back, fill them in again. You should get prompted to log into google (are you using a google account?). Then try to send a test email.
Please let me know, i'd like to make sure your problem is solved.

ciscojnr88

Postby ciscojnr88 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:35 am

Tim, I’m having this exact same problem on version 4.2.0. My iOS is on version 11.2. Please help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 am

Hi ciscojnr88,
Sorry to hear that. Does sending a test email work -- do you receive the test email with the image? You can send a test email from Event settings -> Email page

ciscojnr88

Postby ciscojnr88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi ciscojnr88,
Sorry to hear that. Does sending a test email work -- do you receive the test email with the image? You can send a test email from Event settings -> Email page
Yes I have tried over and over with no luck. All the emails seem to be stuck. What happens if I delete the app. Will I lose all my app data?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Yes deleting the all will delete the emails.
Unfortunately I cannot think of why they could be stuck - you could wait until early next week when 4.3.0 clmes out and see if it helps... but not sure it will. Let me know if future emails are getting stuck also

tclawcalling

Postby tclawcalling » Tue May 01, 2018 11:50 pm

Mine is stuck. Waiting for file to upload. I tried to use a non gmail address. Do I have to delete the app?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am

What happens when you try to send a test email (from the email settings page), does that work?

EJC

Postby EJC » Sat May 12, 2018 10:33 am

Hi all! We are running v. 4.3.0 and had an event the other night. Email testing went fine prior to the event, and we gathered email addresses via the app and set the pictures as attachments to be sent when we reconnected to wifi (no wifi as this was an outdoor event). When we reconnected, the emails hadn't been sent, and we couldn't tell which email belonged to which picture. My husband had to painstakingly figure out which picture went to which email. As we are a startup company, it is critical we get this business off to a good start. We just cannot afford to spend a whole day trying to match pictured with email addresses. Help! - Frustrated

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi EJC
Hmm that is not good!
The two most common reasons email get stuck:
- internet issues
- credentials expired / wrong.

If you send a test email while emails are stuck, it can refresh the credentials and cause them to get going agiain.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi EJC and others

Good news. I think I found the problem. I just released update 4.4.2 - please open App store app and go to updates tab and update Wifibooth to 4.4.2. You can check your version by going to settings app -> wifibooth -> at bottom. Updates can take up to 12 hours to be available to you.

After updating please send another email test message. Then things will start moving if they havent already.

Please try the update and let me know if it works for you!

Louiscole2

Postby Louiscole2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 pm

URGENT HELP NEEDES! Just had an important event all weekend. First time using this app. The app seemed to work fine the first day test emails send fine, had patchy internet connection during event but emails (with Dropbox links) send ok. Second day we lost connection during the event but afterwards could not get emails to send.

It just says uploading now. There’s no progress. Ive had fast internet tried multiple WiFi connections. It’s stuck

Third day same issue I now have 532 items waiting to send!! People are complaining they don’t have their photos. I was hoping hey would post them on social media during the event but they haven’t received them due to this error in the app

Now When I try to send a test email it freezes on the spinning wait animation :(

I’ve tried re connecting Dropbox and the gmail account but doesn’t resolve issue

I’m on version 4.4.6 on iOS 11.4.1

PLEASE HELP!

Return to “Help: Other issues”