"Viewfinder" only works for 1st set of pics

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
WarrenCountyLibrary

"Viewfinder" only works for 1st set of pics

Postby WarrenCountyLibrary » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello-

I'm using the built-in front-facing camera on the IPad. When I first open the app, and push the red camera icon, the image box on the screen shows the picture to be taken, and the 3-second countdown. After the first set of 3 pics has been taken, subsequent pressings of the red camera button do NOT display the picture to be taken - the countdown is displayed against a black background. If I close and re-open the app, it reverts to displaying the image behind the countdown for one set of 3 pics, and then goes back to the "black screen countdown". Is there some setting that I can change to fix this?

Also, how to delete events? I've created several test events that I'd like to get rid of.

thanks,
-mark

WarrenCountyLibrary

Re: "Viewfinder" only works for 1st set of pics

Postby WarrenCountyLibrary » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:59 pm

UPDATE: It appears that the "black screen countdown" only happens when the red camera icon is tapped soon after the last set of pics are taken. Waiting 60 seconds before taking another set of pics appears to return the app to normal. Seems like a bug that should be fixed (or at least a "please wait" message, until the app is "ready" again), but I can live with it for now.

My question on how to delete events still stands.

thanks
-mark

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi Mark
To delete events swipe the row to the left. A delete button appears.
Re black ipad camera: i have not seen that before. Which exact ipad do you have and which version of iOS?
Thx
-tim

WarrenCountyLibrary

Postby WarrenCountyLibrary » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 am

Model MC979LL/A
Version 9.3.3 (13G34)

Thanks for the quick reply on the event deletion!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks for the precise model number. That's an iPad 2. I'll test on an iPad 2 and see if I can reproduce the issue. I did not reproduce the issue on an iPad Air 1.
cheers
-tim

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Update 2: I tested the fix on an ipad 2. You're correct: the ipad 2 has a bug with ipad camera video. It is fixed in the next version.
I apologize for the inconvenience. I'd like to give you some free time for this as a reward for reporting the bug - please send me a private message.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi again, just wanted to let you know that the update released today (WiFi Booth 3.0) fixes this issue.

Return to “Help: Other issues”