Had a VERY Successful Event | A Couple Issues/Questions

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
pana85

Had a VERY Successful Event | A Couple Issues/Questions

Postby pana85 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Hey Tim,

This app is home-friggin-run. I was hired for a photo gig and set my 12.9" iPad Pro with the latest version of iOS, WifiBooth, and BluePrint up in a stand in front of a ring-light with my Panasonic GX-85 on top. All of this was connected to a Canon Selphie CP1200 via BluePrint through my iPhone SE. Overall, the setup worked GREAT! The whole night people were streaming in and out of the booth with huge smiles on their faces. Prints came out very well, too.

My biggest issue however was the app would occasionally freeze while stitching photos together and get stuck on this screen here. I needed to restart the app several times to fix this problem. Any advice? If I can fix this problem I'll be throwing in the photo booth as an option in all my photo gigs and you'll have a customer for life.

I should probably also put this in the Suggestions & Ideas board, but I figured while I'm posting: is there any way to add some text that says "Please Wait" or something similar while the app is stitching photos together with the pink load circle? People got a bit confused and either walked out or came asking what to do.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Had a VERY Successful Event | A Couple Issues/Questions

Postby tim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:56 am

Glad you had a great event!

That screen is when the app is downloading photos from the camera. Sometimes the camera has an issue or the wifi has an issue, and the app can't get the photos. After 60 or 120 seconds, it times out and goes back to the home screen -- are you saying it was stuck for longer than that? You can reduce that timeout to 10 or 40 seconds, by going to settings app -> wifibooth -> turning on faster camera and restarting wifibooth, but beware that this may not work with your Panasonic -- you'll have to try it out and see.

I like the feedback about adding please wait, i'll add that in a future update.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”