Please help, nothing change after purchasing PRO

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
tim
Site Admin

Re: Please help, nothing change after purchasing PRO

Postby tim » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi JodiR,

There are a couple of things to disentangle here, so i'm going to separate things out.
Feel free to ignore things you don't care about :)

(1) Pro is yearly
The Pro package is an auto-renewing yearly subscription. Wifibooth does not offer any purchases for only 1 month -- Pro is yearly, and all other packages are permanent (pay once, forever).

(2) The price point you mentioned matches the Selfie package, not the Pro package. Are you sure you bought Pro?
Apple emails you a receipt whenever you buy something. Can you search your emails from apple, and find the receipt(s)? That will tell you exactly what you bought.

(3) Apple ID doesn't have anything to do with Camera Roll
The only thing the Apple ID matters for is purchasing and restoring purchases. The rest of the app, including the way it uses the Camera Roll, does not care about the Apple ID.

(4) Wifibooth stores all the photos & GIFs that it takes in the Camera Roll
All photos & GIFs that Wifibooth generates are stored in the Camera Roll, in an Album that has the same name as the event you created in Wifibooth.

(5) Wifibooth does not access photos in your Camera Roll outside of the event's Album
When Wifibooth shows photos on the gallery page, it only shows the event's album. Other photos (your personal ones) will not be shown in Wifibooth, and guests have no way to get at them somehow, unless they leave the Wifibooth app. You can prevent guests from leaving the Wifibooth app by using Guided Access.

(6) You can make purchases using any Apple ID that you like, but, make sure that if you want to restore a purchase later, that you can still access this Apple ID to do so.

(7) Many ways for guests to get photos live at the event
Guests can use Wifibooth to get their photos live at the event in many ways, like these:
- Email themselves the photos, or links to the photos (Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos)
- Text themselves a link to the photos
- Use Wifibooth in remote mode on their iPhone (no wifi connection required, they just have to be near the iPad)
- See their photos on your Facebook Page
- Get their photos via Twitter (ie. auto-tweet photos)
All of these require Pro, except Wifibooth remote mode.

If you have any questions i'm happy to help!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

JodiR

Postby JodiR » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:42 pm

This is all very helpful. The last time I used Wifibooth, each time a guest texted the photo to themself, it went through my personal text messages. At the end of the party I had 50 plus images I had to delete from my text messaging. Does this sound right? This is something I’m trying to avoid for this next event.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi JodiR,
If you have configured Wifibooth to send SMS (text messages) over Twilio, then i'm not sure how this could happen -- you would have to have chosen a Twilio phone number, which would not be the same as your cell phone.

Perhaps you are referring to email instead? If so, you could create a free new gmail account like jodiRwifibooth@gmail.com and use wifibooth with that.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

JodiR

Postby JodiR » Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 am

Honestly, I obviously did not have a clear understanding of all of your suggestions. I had just fired up the app and used it with my own phone number and my own email. Would’ve helped if I joined this forum and had found these suggestions. Thank you for all your help! I believe I am good to go!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 am

You're very welcome, that's great that you got it working how you wanted!
For the SMS/text messages, please make sure you send a test message to see that it is working. If you need help you know where to find me.

JodiR

Postby JodiR » Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 pm

OK I got a Twilio phone number and connected it to the WifiBooth app. Will it work if I purchase the Small Events package? I am certain my guests were able to text themselves the photos from the gallery and I had only purchased the selfie package at my last event. Sorry, I just cannot figure this out!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 03, 2019 8:53 am

Hi Jodi,
No, Twilio is included only in the PRO package (and this has always been the case). You can see what's included in each package here: https://wifibooth.com/help/articles/buy/

Return to “Help: Other issues”