General Question: What is the Wifibooth Service Log In for?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
michigan7981

General Question: What is the Wifibooth Service Log In for?

Postby michigan7981 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:44 am

In the app below the social media connections you are also able to sign in to wifibooth service. What exactly is it for? I do not really understand.

Thanks,

Jacky

PS: I really like the app gave you 5 starts in the App Store. :D

tim
Site Admin

Re: General Question: What is the Wifibooth Service Log In for?

Postby tim » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks Jacky for the review that is great!
The Wifibooth service is currently only used for one thing: for sending SMS/MMS via Twilio. It is required because you can only send links via SMS, not actual photos... so the photos have to be uploaded somewhere. I did not want to make the ability to send SMS/MMS dependent upon Dropbox because files there stay around forever and count against your quota, so I created the Wifibooth service instead (files are automatically deleted within 30 days)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

TJC77

Postby TJC77 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 am

Hi,

I just wanted to ask some general questions as I am thinking about buying the pro product but it is hard to find anywhere to ask these questions.

I have trialled the free version using a camera and blue print and managed to get it to work, however, it took a really long time for the photos to get onto the app to print. I am trying to find a way to do a photo booth at an event where people will not want to wait that long. Is this normal for photos to take 5 or so minutes to get from camera to phone for printing?

Also, is there a way of using one iphone as the camera and one iphone as the controller that connects to the printer?

Thanks.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 am

Hi TJC77
Well done on getting it working.
It sounds like there are two possible places it is slow for you:
1) is it slow right after taking the photos, ie waiting for the photos to show up in the gallery?
2) is it slow after you hit print when blueprint is being used, until the printer starts printing?

For #1 please check: what size photos is the camera sending to wifibooth? Which ipad is it? Which camera is it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

TJC77

Postby TJC77 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:15 am

G'day Tim,

It's slow after taking the photos and waiting for them in the gallery. I tired it with a Nikon D5500 so it might be the photo size.

Is there anyway of using an iPhone as the camera and an iPhone as the 'middle man' between the iPhone camera on a tripod and a printer?

Thanks for the reply too, very much appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 am

Hi Thomas,
At the moment there is no way to use an iphone's camera on the ipad. The iPad font/rear camera is an option though.
It is definitely important to adjust the size of the photos that your Nikon sends to the ipad! By default it will send huge images, which the ipad then has to work hard to scale down in order to use. And the time that you are waiting is for those huge images to be transmitted by the camera's wifi (which isn't great in the first place -- it's a camera).

I'd suggest you start by trying the smallest image setting the Nikon has, and see what the results look like on the ipad.

Return to “Help: Other issues”