Layout over Collage actual size

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
johannTBox

Layout over Collage actual size

Postby johannTBox » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:25 am

Hey Tim,

Long time no hear. We had a little delay.

We are getting ready for our first gig. But I still have problems with the collage overlay.

I can’t set the size of the overlay so that it reaches right to the end of the collage.

For example I want to have arrows around the collage, really just at the edges I can’t get it to work. It always stops at the end of the pictures.

Do you have a solution for that?

Greets

tim
Site Admin

Re: Layout over Collage actual size

Postby tim » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:15 am

Hmm... I can think of 2 things that might be causing that, if I understood you correctly...
1) try (temporarily) turning off the collage borders (especially outer borders), does that make any difference?
2) make sure your collage overlay image is exactly the same aspect ratio as your paper size (on event settings -> layout). For example if your size is 4x6, collage overlay must be a multiple of 4x6 pixels, like 1200x1800 pixels
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue May 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Hey Tim

Thank you for sour Tipps.

You definitely understand what I am trying to accomplish but I still have problems:

I get the border to be placed right at the edge of the collage but when I do it it means also that I can’t get space between the border an the pictures added to the collage.

I want this

For example like this (photoshop)

What I get from Wifibooth

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. For example none of the 3 photos in your last message appear to use an overlay?
If the question is about the outer white border shown in the middle (2nd) photo in your last message, then I would not advise this: it is not going to look good when you print it because of the paper cutting / printing not being 100% aligned...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey Tim,

This was just a very simple example.

What I am trying to do for real is for example nice looking arrows around the collage. But when I do that with an overlay it doesn’t work as I can’t get the overlay to be on the right position as well as the pictures.

It’s the same with the overlay on start screen: the app seems to make the layout always smaller...

I am sorry if I can’t really describe it.

Example of my test built in affinity photo:

The result in the app:

Do you see how I can’t get the “press” more to the left but the app doesn’t put right at the border?

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Mon May 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Hey Tim,

Here an example of the arrow overlay. I don’t get the app to show the arrows around the collage and not “in” the pictures

I think the problem is that the outer border effects also the overlay. That’s the problem. And I think that shouldn’t be... what do you think?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 pm

You are right: my assumption that people would want the overlay inside the outer borders of the collage was apparently incorrect :)
I've got a beta build going - I will change this for you in the beta build, can you try it out for me and tell me if it works? You'll need to let me know if you can already see 4.3.0 beta builds or not.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Hey Tim,

I’ve installed the 4.3. But it seems it’s not added yet right? So when you added it, you give me a sign?

Big thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 09, 2018 11:05 am

You will soon get an invite to the 4.4.0 beta (build 5409 or later). You are looking for the new setting in Event Settings -> Branding -> just underneath the collage overlay image

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Hey Tim,

Thank you for the as always quick solution! It works perfect and is just what I needed!

Thank you

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 09, 2018 3:02 pm

oh great! thanks for letting me know.

DTQuickshots

Postby DTQuickshots » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi Guys,
New to the community but the arrow overlay and being able to add customization to the start screen is exactly what I need help in doing.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am

Hi DTQuickshots,
Here to help!
What printer are you using?
Did you find the setting on the Branding page of event settings to customize the start screen?

Return to “Help: Other issues”