GIF

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
tagsman

GIF

Postby tagsman » Tue May 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi Tim

Is there an explanation of when the GIF works? I'm not sure I fully understand it yet!

Tagsman

tim
Site Admin

Re: GIF

Postby tim » Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Hey Tagsman

I'm happy to explain it!
The animated GIFs are made automatically by composing live-view frames during the countdown, and adding the actual photo at the end. So if you turn off live-view, you don't get animated GIFs.

If you set Wifibooth take 3 photos, then, you'll end up with 4 animated GIFs like this:
GIF 1: some of the live-view frames during the countdown to photo 1, plus photo 1 itself
GIF 2: same (but for photo 2)
GIF 3: same (but for photo 2)
GIF 4, the "composed GIF": some of the live-view frames of each countdown and all 3 photos, like this: countdown frames then photo 1, countdown frames then photo 2, countdown frames then photo 3.

In the gallery for the above example, you'd see GIFS 1,2,3 stacked together as a single item in the gallery, and the "composed GIF" (GIF 4) as its own item/square in the gallery.

If your camera cannot supply live-view frames quickly (or your wifi can't handle it) and you end up having very few live-view frames during the countdown, then no GIF will be made for that countdown.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”