Please help Printer won't connect

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
Jdecker1978

Please help Printer won't connect

Postby Jdecker1978 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Im very frustrated Ive wasted my whole day trying to get this to work.

Wifi booth on iPad mini connects to Sony a7iii fine. Blueprint WILL NOT work. I have a canon AirPrint printer. Ive tried using my homes wifi network with blueprint on my iPhone. Nope. I've also tried turning on my iPhone personal hotspot as the website suggests. Connects to printer, but the wifi booth app will not see it. Bluetooth is on with both devices. No prompt comes up in Wifibooth. So I push it where its supposed to be blue and all that happens is it asks if I'm trying to connect to "camera" or "anything else". I push "anything else". Nothing. And now I have to use a forum I can't just email technical support. Very unhappy with this app.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Please help Printer won't connect

Postby tim » Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Sorry to hear it isn’t working for you.
It sounds like you are doing all the right steps.
Can you check that Bluetooth is turned on, on both your iphone and iPad?
Also can you check there are no updates for both apps available in the app store? Wifibooth and blueprint will only work if they are both the newest versions.
Please make sure your ipad has ios 12 so it can run the latest version of wifibooth!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Jdecker1978

Postby Jdecker1978 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you for replying Tim. Sorry I came off so harshly I was really frustrated and really struggle with the community forum form of support instead of being able to email someone.
After several hours of trying I was finally able to hookup the printer via blueprint on my home wifi network, but will retry today using the hotspot method which is what I’ll need to use at next weeks event. It just randomly connected. I didn’t do anything different. All the devices are within a few feet from each other and have a very strong internet connection.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun May 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Great that you got it working!
No worries about the frustration- I totally understand.
Whenever you post here, I get an email and respond. So this is actually just as fast as emailing, except for your first post ever: it needs to be manually approved by me because of all the bot spam this board is constantly bombarded with!
If you have any more issues ill help you.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”