BluePrint - No Prompt

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
Cranfan

BluePrint - No Prompt

Postby Cranfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi Tim,

I used Blue Print last year and it worked perfectly, but this year it does not work.

When I use BluePrint on phone, everything seems normal. I get the expected screen to share the Printer and BluePrint detects the Printer.

When I try to connect on the iPad in WiFiBooth, I click the link in the Connection menu, I get that WifiBooth is searching for BluePrint.

I never get the prompt on the iPhone to authorize the connection. That seems to be the issue.

I have an old iPad 2. But it was working with the same iPad last year. Maybe I would need an older version of BluePrint?

Cranfan

Re: BluePrint - No Prompt

Postby Cranfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Maybe it's because I have an old version of WifiBooth. I have version 4.6.3.

Any way to downgrade BluePrint to a compatible version.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:10 pm

You are correct - you need a newer version of wifibooth which requires iOS 12. Apple does not allow you to go back to old versions of apps sorry (you might be able to if you restore from a really old backup but even then I dont think apple allows it)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Hooo shoot... I cannot upgrade WiFiBooth anymore, because of the version of iOS I have I guess... So I'm kind of screwed?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm

The iPad Air 1 runs iOS 12 and was released in 2013.
So you just need an ipad that is six years old or newer. Can you find one used perhaps? Where i live in Canada it is easy to find a cheap one if it is that old
If it helps, there are no plans to move the minimum required version from iOS 12 to anything newer for a while
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Cranfan

Postby Cranfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm

I found a friend who can loan me one. Thanks..

Doing testing tonight :)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Great! You’re coming from a much older version so enjoy all the new features!!!

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”