You could have warned all subscribers of the changed!!!

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
MariaH09

You could have warned all subscribers of the changed!!!

Postby MariaH09 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:13 pm

You could have warned all subscribers of the changes from blueprint to SoloLink. I hate to say this but you just ruined my event yesterday because of this! Now I have to get myself a real software that will not gonna humiliate me on any event I’m going to work on. I have tried for more than 5 hours connecting this idiot new app SoloLink yesterday on the day of my event and it just won’t connect. I was totally humiliated, embarrassed and frustrated!!! I have been using blueprint for a while to connect my iPad to iPhone to the dnp router to the printer and have never had any problems connecting until you changed to SoloLink. Now I know I cannot trust your apps anymore. I have tried to get some help but with no luck! Your help site is NOT helpful at all! You could have put an emergency hotline!!! I even tried getting in touch with dnp printers helpline but it is not on their end that is the problem it is the SoloLink app. I’ve updated and run tests over and over again and tried using it on different iPads and iPhone just to make sure it’s not my equipment either that has a problem. This SoloLink just don’t work! And I will definitely going to stop using your WiFi Booth app cause I don’t want to humiliate myself again to any of my clients. I’m really disappointed and would like my money back since your app never provide the service I’m supposed to be getting. I don’t even want to know what the f is the problem anymore on why it is not connecting at all because of the humiliation I had from the event yesterday! I’m just totally disgusted!!!

tim
Site Admin

Re: You could have warned all subscribers of the changed!!!

Postby tim » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:47 pm

Really sorry to hear this.
Is your iPhone running iOS 13? That isn’t supported yet - see announcements. There should be an update coming this coming week to support iOS 13.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

MariaH09

Postby MariaH09 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:04 am

Please!!! Do not use that as an excuse!!! I only updated my iPhone to 13 yesterday thinking maybe I need an update to make it work!!! But obviously it did NOT!!! And if you know that it was not going to run on 13 why did you changed it in the first place and not informing the users that your app will not run on it? Get a different excuse because that is not the main reason why ... I think you need to dig in more because I’m definitely going to post all of my comments on the apps store to make sure nobody have the same unfortunate experience I had yesterday!!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Maria,

The update from BluePrint to SoloLink was released quite some time ago, well before iOS 13, and a considerable amount of time before your event. You seem to think this was a big change, but it wasn't -- only the name and the first screen changed, and a few icons. The core functionality was not changed. There are many users who use SoloLink with their DNP WPS units just fine -- there have been no problems reported other than a single user's 6x8 prints not working well (but that user can print other sizes just fine - unlikely to be an issue with SoloLink itself).

I did not say that SoloLink doesn't run on iOS 13, I said it is not supported on iOS 13 yet. That simply means that when a brand new version of iOS comes out, certain features may not work 100% on day zero -- this should not be a surprise to anyone. The next update is the first one that is officially supported on iOS 13, meaning all features 100%. As it happens, I believe the existing SoloLink version that you have works just fine on iOS 13.

If you'd like me to help you, please drop the accusatory tone. It would not be in my best interest to release updates that don't work, or to intentionally break my apps... so why do you think I would do this? I did not.

I'd like to understand what is happening in your case. It is not clear -- is the issue that SoloLink will not connect to Wifibooth on your iPad, or is the issue that SoloLink will not connect to your DNP WPS unit (when connecting the printer to SoloLink) ??

If the issue is with connecting to Wifibooth, can you please confirm your iPad is running iOS 12 with an updated version of Wifibooth (ie. no updates showing in the App Store) ?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”