Camera, Printer & Internet

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
Chris09

Camera, Printer & Internet

Postby Chris09 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Hello Tim,

greetings from germany.

I want to use an external camera, an external printer and the internet from my iphone to upload the photos directly with dropbox.

I have connected my iPad to the wifi of my camera. (Canon 1300D). Wifibooth recognizes the camera and everything is fine. Very nice function.
Second I connected a DNP DS620 printer to the Selfie Wizzard Ninja. (Works like the DNP WPS Pro) The printer is connected to the Selfie Wizzard Ninja via USB and the Selfie Wizzard Ninja has a built-in wifi module which is now connected to my IPhone. If you don't have a camera you can also connect the printer directly to Wifibooth. Works well. So also a tip to the community as an alternative to the DNP WPS Pro. (Selfie Wizzard Ninja (cheap version approx. 349€) Selfie Wizzard (expensive version with super functions approx. 800€) Best visit the website.

With Sololink I have now established the connection with the iPad (Wifibooth) and the printer via the Iphone and Selfie Wizzard.
So I have a professional camera and the DNP DS620 as printer.
Everything works perfectly. I'm really impressed and happy. Good work.

Now I want to take it to the next level.

-------
Main question:
I also want to upload the photos via the dropbox.
Is it possible to share the Internet and the printer?
With Sololink it should be possible to share the Iphone's internet and the printer.
-----
Did I misunderstand the whole thing or isn't it working?
Is the Internet not available because the Iphone is connected to the Wifi of the Selfie Wizzard?

My settings:
Sololink:
Printer: DNP-DS620 @ selfiewizard (connected)
Internet: Offline - can't reach wifibooth.com
Connected Devices: Ipad

Allow Wifibooth to access Internet Via Bluetooth: switched on

Wifibooth:
Top right:
Iphone connected
(internet connection, printing)

Wifi: Camera 1300D

----
I have bought the middle package (small event)

I know that the dropbox function is only available in the big package but the internet should work anyway. Order am I wrong?
i just want to make sure it would work before i buy the big package.

Did I miss anything?
what is the solution to my problem?
I would be happy to receive an answer.

I like wifibooth very much. very good work. Great support.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Camera, Printer & Internet

Postby tim » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:14 am

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you like the app, that's great! Thanks for reporting about the Selfie Wizzard Ninja, i've never heard of it but it is great to know it works with Wifibooth. That should be a helpful tip for others.

In answer to your questions:
(1) yes, live Dropbox uploads do work via Wifibooth<->SoloLink internet sharing feature
(2) while Wifibooth is connected to SoloLink for internet, "regular" internet functions on the iPad (like opening a page in Safari) will NOT work: only Wifibooth's specific internet connectivity is flowing over the Bluetooth link to SoloLink. That includes Dropbox uploads, Facebook uploads, Google uploads, emails, twilio/SMS (and their related uploads to Wifibooth Service), and printing - that's it.

Tip: if you want to try out Wifibooth Pro before you buy it, then get another iPad and install Wifibooth there (or, erase Wifibooth and install it again from the App Store). You get a free trial of Pro (with watermarks) and can make sure your setup will work (and then you can restore Small Events if you don't buy Pro).
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Chris09

Postby Chris09 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks for the quick answer.
Sounds good. I will test Wifibooth Pro on a second Ipad. Then I'll give you some feedback.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:00 am

Great! Please note you need iOS 12 on your 2nd iPad to get the newest version of Wifibooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”