Pb printing with sololink, DNP RX1HS and AirkonV 2.0

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
apochromatic

Pb printing with sololink, DNP RX1HS and AirkonV 2.0

Postby apochromatic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 am

Hi!

I just got a DNP RX1HS printer. I bought too a device called Airkonv 2.0 to enable airplay on the RX1. It's a raspberry pi.
So, my iPad pro with WifiBooth is connected to a Sony A7III. My iPhone, with SoloLink, is connected to the Airkonv wifi, and the RX1 is connected via AirPrint.
Wifibooth is connected to the iPhone, everything is green. But every print fails... It's written "failed print" on sololink. For info, a direct print from the iPhone works well.

Do you have an idea why it doesn't work? Is there a log somewhere to know more about the error?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Pb printing with sololink, DNP RX1HS and AirkonV 2.0

Postby tim » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:49 am

Hmm, no there are no logs on the SoloLink side for that.
On the iPhone when you pick the printer in SoloLink as an AirPrint printer, does it appear the same (is it named the same) as when you direct print from the iPhone?
Also can you confirm the iPhone has the newest version of SoloLink, Wifibooth is newest version, and tell me the iPhone's iOS version?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:12 am

Hi Tim, thanks for your quick response.

The name is the same in sololink or when I directly print on the iPhone. I just downloaded SoloLink, all apps are updated on the iPad, and both iOs are the latest.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am

Hmm I did an audit of the sololink code and didn't see anything obvious that could cause this.
What happens if you try printing directly from Wifibooth to the airkonv (no camera, no sololink in the setup) ?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 am

Tim, thanks! I'll try tomorrow, I'm going to a photo event. ;)

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 am

Tim, I tried printing with Wifibooth from the iPad and it doesn't work either, same error than SoloPrint. However, I can print from the iPad Photos app.

RnSStudio

Postby RnSStudio » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:04 am

Hi,

I am having the same issue. It’s. Not printing at all. Please advise Tom
Hello All,

I am trying to buy the pro program but I am unable to print the photos out. Can someone please advise me?

I’ve been trying to figure it out for like 3hrs now but it just keep giving me an error message.

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:07 am

Hi Apochromatic & RNSstudio
What if you choose the "Manual Airprint" option in Wifibooth? This is more likely to be using the same iOS API as the Photos app.

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:20 am

Yep, it works! Not as pretty as the classic way, but effective. :)

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am

But it doesn't work with SoloLink, since there is no Manual AirPrint option.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am

Correct, but this isn't a problem of Sololink or Wifibooth in the first place: both print just fine to real airprint printers.
This is an iOS 13 coupled with AirKonv issue: there were definitely changes from iOS 12 -> iOS 13 for airprint, and airkonv doesn't seem to work anymore. They should fix that.
There's not much we can do for SoloLink: are you really going to choose the printer on sololink app every single time you print to it?

There are 2 ways to print to AirPrint printers in iOS, and Wifibooth offers both -- silent and interactive. SoloLink only offers silent, because that's the only one that makes sense for it.

apochromatic

Postby apochromatic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 am

Indeed, I understand your point.
Airkonv manufacturer say that since it's working with the Photos app, it's not their fault. So I don't expect a fix. :(

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 am

Sorry to hear that :(
They weren't the only ones taken by surprise when iOS 13 launched with a bunch of AirPrint bugs. We had to scramble like crazy - printing was very broken for Wifibooth too. But we got an update out with workarounds for the bugs within a few days.
I suppose it is more difficult for AirKonv, because they are probably trying to emulate something without having the specification ... I guess they have just reverse-engineered airprint?

RnSStudio

Postby RnSStudio » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Thank you Tim!,

Question, is there a customer service hotline where we can call for assistance?

Has there been issues with Primera IP60 printer? Because that’s what I’m using.

I was able to purchase the pro version but I’m still having issues printing. Does having a hot spot on your phone have the matter?

I’m setting this up on Sat Jan 25th for my daughter’s 18th BDay so any assistance I can get to help me get this working/printing would greatly be appreciated! If not I would like a refund.

Sincerely,
Jin
Hello All,

I am trying to buy the pro program but I am unable to print the photos out. Can someone please advise me?

I’ve been trying to figure it out for like 3hrs now but it just keep giving me an error message.

Thanks

RnSStudio

Postby RnSStudio » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:21 pm

I will try the Manual method, when I get home to see if it work and will update you Tim.

Any assistance i can get to help me get this working by Sat would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jin
Hello All,

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi Jin,
This thread is about the AirKonv 2.0 unit.
If you're not using one of these, please post a new thread with your hardware & wifi setup clearly outlined, thank you
Looking forward to helping you.

RnSStudio

Postby RnSStudio » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:25 pm

Will do Tim,

Apologies for jumping in,

Thanks,
Jin
Hello All,

Thanks

Chris09

Postby Chris09 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm

I have the same issue with the "Selfie Wizard Ninja" (Air Print RaspberryPi) and the DNP 620 Printer.
Printing with Wifibooth only works. Using Sololink doesn't work. (Failed to Contact Printer)
I'm trying for 2 hours.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi Chris09 unfortunately due to bugs in iOS 13, you can only use Wifibooth with its iOS13-workaround of manual printing with your raspberryPi. You cannot use SoloLink this way.
Hopefully Apple will fix their bugs soon...

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”