users controlling the iphone/ipad running wifibooth

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
machtucker

users controlling the iphone/ipad running wifibooth

Postby machtucker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:33 am

Hi,

Is it possible for an iphone user to connect to an iphone/ipad running wifibooth and for them to trigger a photograph? From reading the FAQs and capabilities it seems to indicate that this is possible but I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

Ideally I'd like to have my iphone set up on a tripod and for individuals to be able to connect to it when the want a photo taken. This gives flexibility and also means that they don't have to touch any equipment other than their own iphone.

Any help would be appreciated. p.s the wedding is in two days!

Many thanks,

Ed

tim
Site Admin

Re: users controlling the iphone/ipad running wifibooth

Postby tim » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:21 am

Hi Ed,
Yes this should work. You'll need iOS 12 or newer on both the iPad and iPhone, and a copy of wifibooth on the iphone too; finally, you'll need to make sure both devices have bluetooth and wifi turned on. It's ok if bluetooth/wifi are not connected to anything but they must be turned on. Then start wifibooth on the iPad like normal and pick an event (get started), then on the iphone start wifibooth and it should find the ipad automatically and offer you connection.

If you just want to trigger the iPad there's another way you might not know about: the volume up button triggers the ipad, and every cheap bluetooth trigger on amazon fires the volume up button. I have one like this and it works well with wifibooth: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Smartp ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

machtucker

Postby machtucker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Hmm strange it doesn't seem to be connecting. I have made sure wifi and bluetooth are turned on on both. Both devices are connected to my home wifi connection. Should that make a difference? Also I only have the trial version at the moment but my understanding is that shouldn't make a difference?

Also is it possible to connect iphone to iphone in this way or does one have to be an ipad?

Many thanks for your help,

Ed

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi Ed,

Apologies that it isn't working. That functionality may have issues in iOS 14, i'll need to check it out.
That particular functionality does need an iPad on the wifibooth side.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

machtucker

Postby machtucker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi Tim,

For your info I'm running 13.7 on the iPad and 14.2 on the iphone.

I have another question about using Siri to take a photo. I've managed to set up a siri command but when I say "Hey Siri...<command> the ipad goes into siri mode and the connection to the iphone then seems to drop and an error comes up on the ipad saying "Oops Wifbooth isn't ready to take a photo. please try again in a moment"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Ed

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi Ed,
Hmm, are you maybe using SoloLink on the iPhone as the camera? or what camera are you using, the ipad camera?
Siri interrupts all connections because she interrupts the app itself, so Siri only works with the iPad camera

If you are using Sololink then that explains why you can't connect to wifibooth from the iphone: you can't have sololink and wifibooth running on the iphone at the same time...

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”