Using mutiple instanses of wifibooth and sololink

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
Hammer

Using mutiple instanses of wifibooth and sololink

Postby Hammer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 am

Hi guys!

I need some assistance please. I'm using two instances of Wifibooth and Sololink simultaneously in two separate photo studios in one room. Studio 1 and Studio 2. Each photo studio is set up with a separate iPpad and iPhone running Wifibooth and Sololink respectively in separate networks, Network1 and Network2. In spite of this i experience severe issues with cross connections between Sololink and Wifibooth between studios. Do you have a work around or quick fix that can be implemented or a known configuration that can eliminate this problem swiftly? I’m in the middle of a project.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Using mutiple instanses of wifibooth and sololink

Postby tim » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:23 am

Hmm - difficult. This is not something we designed it for.
One thing you could try is turn off bluetooth on ALL devices, and make sure each pair of devices is on separate wifi networks. Before you go thru too much hassle to try this, just try it on one pair first bc i cannot remember if wifibooth with require bluetooth for the connection..
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 am

Thanks!
It did the trick for now. 😊 Don’t know if it’s stable though. I use multiple instances every day. Would be perfect if some sort of flip-switch feature to restrict connection to a named source could be implemented. Thank you for a swift response.

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:37 am

To be clear. The app says that Bluetooth is required. Perhaps for full functionality with all features. Bluetooth is not required in order to connect the iPhone to an iPad for camera mirroring and data transfer of images. :)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Correct, but Bluetooth IS required for printing via sololink, which is the thing most people use it for!
Glad it works for you!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:56 am

Thanks Tim, actually, Bluetooth is also required for remote triggering the shutter on the iPhone so it didn't work. I need the trigger to be remote controlled. So back to square one unfortunately.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:38 am

If the ipad has a headphone jack (old style), you can plug in those headphones that have the volume up/down button, and use the vol up button which wifibooth listens to for triggering

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks, but it's newer models of iPhone and iPad. Is i possible to implement a specific pairing to a named iPhone in the near future, just like the connection to specific cameras?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:37 am

No, this is not a feature anyone will care about, because they only use one...

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”