Blueprint for posting on fb / twitter etc.

SoloLink is an iOS app that shares your printer(s) over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so that you can stay connected to your camera and be able to print. It can also share your iPhone's camera to Wifibooth.
ASH

Blueprint for posting on fb / twitter etc.

Postby ASH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Ahoi Folks,

first of all: Thanks for the great work and support on wifibooth and blueprint! I'm not an english native, but i'll try my best.

I got this crazy idea to construct a photobooth by my own. So far, thx to wifibooth and blueprint, it works. I have one iPad to control the camera and the other main features of wifibooth and a second iPad for blueprint. So people can see on the second iPad the last printed image. Now the next crazy idea:

As many others, i've the problem that the wifi connection of iPad 1 is blocked by the camera, so people can't post or send emails or print directly without a second iOs device. But what if, if blueprint would not only be used to print but also to post the immages via the wifi connection of the second iPad / iOs device? And what if it's not just showing the last printed immage but a full gallery, so people could choose images on the iPad 2 while others still take pictures with iPad 1 and the wifi connected camera?

Is that hard to realize or could this be a nice idea for the future?

Best,
Andreas

tim
Site Admin

Re: Blueprint for posting on fb / twitter etc.

Postby tim » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Andreas,
Your english is just fine :)
Re posting images over blueprint, yes, I thought of this too. The issue is that the printing would slow down a LOT if extra data was occasionally being sent through the same low-bandwidth bluetooth link. But I like your idea of reusing only printed images (posting only these), that wouldn't slow anything down. I'm not sure how that UI would work though, need to think about it.
Re your last point of having a full gallery on the 2nd ipad etc, that's the mythical "multi ipad" setup. Yes, it sounds glorious, but the huge amount of work it would require isn't worth it because less than 1% of users would actually use it.
At the moment i'm focused on features that are missing that all users will use & enjoy...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ASH

Postby ASH » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am

Hi Tim,

thank you for your quick answer. That's aktually true, bluetooth isn't that fast. Didn't thought about that.

I think i'm going to have talk with some camera techs by olympus and sony. It would be amazing to have the choice between using the camera built in wifi or connecting the camera over a other, existing wifi.

"Re your last point of having a full gallery on the 2nd ipad etc, that's the mythical "multi ipad" setup. Yes, it sounds glorious, but the huge amount of work it would require isn't worth it because less than 1% of users would actually use it.
At the moment i'm focused on features that are missing that all users will use & enjoy..."

Of course! I just had these thoughts and wanted to share them =) I'm glad that you care about the users so much! Keep going.

Best Andreas

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Andreas
I am working on "Bluenet" right now - the idea of having internet connectivity for wifibooth via Bluetooth -> BluePrint on second iOS device.
Do you want to try this out when it is ready (beta / testflight) ?
Would be great to have your feedback.
-tim
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 pm

... this beta is ready Andreas let me know

Return to “SoloLink (formerly BluePrint)”