Personalize the "Cheese" message

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
zypie

Personalize the "Cheese" message

Postby zypie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:44 am

Hi,

Will it be possible in future update to personalize the screen with the "Cheese" message?

With a photo, or custom text.

To notify guests using the app to look up to the lens and not the iPad screen :lol:

I build my own photobooth and put the ipad just below the camera, people (even me lol) looks to the screen

My wifibooth configuration :

Canon EOS 6D (w/ sector adaptator, no battery) - Canon 24-105 f/4 - Neewer DE 300 (w/ umbrella)
iPad Air 1 + TP Link m7350 4G/LTE router, all on a standalone homemade box.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Personalize the "Cheese" message

Postby tim » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi Zypie,
Awesome photobooth setup, thanks for sharing the photos with us! Looks like a great setup!

If you could customize the "cheese" message, what would you put? I'm just thinking that maybe no matter what you put, by the time the guests had read and understood it (even if they were close enough to!), it would have already flashed by and the photo would already be taken...

What about placing a red cut-out arrow pointing to the lens with the words "LOOK HERE!" on it, and putting that on the front, between the lens and ipad?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

zypie

Postby zypie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks for your fast reply,
You're really a great developper with fast reply on the forum.

If I could put a message it would be like :
"hey look up"
"Don't forget to look above after count down" or any message that can make my guests look up (and me too lol) (Message should be in my native langage, that's means abilities to translate or customize message by myself, btw, french translation is good, thank you, nice work)

I've already tried to put an arrow nearby the lens, but people are focusing the "3, 2, 1, ... Cheese!!!" animation.

People can read what's on the screen.
I'm using a full frame DSLR on 24mm focal. So they're close enough to easily touch the screen and read what is displayed on it.
(by exemple you can put easily align 6 people with less than 75cm between booth and the one who click)

When we use it, even me is "trapped" by looking to the screen and not the lens, maybe because your app is so awesome ^^

I also imagined a led ring around the lens that blinks during countdown, but I have no idea how to build this and synchronise it with the app :lol:
Last edited by zypie on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Canon EOS 6D (w/ sector adaptator, no battery) - Canon 24-105 f/4 - Neewer DE 300 (w/ umbrella)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Ah ok, thanks for the compliments and the clarifications. I think I understand the problem better now :)
OK i've just finished up release 3.3.0 which will be out soon. I'll try to get some feature in for 3.3.1 that helps with this problem in a week or two.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

zypie

Postby zypie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Great! 8-)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi there,

OK in the next version i've added two settings in the settings app... you can change the text of the "Cheese!", and you can specify how many lines it should take up.
Here is an example using two lines. You'll note that emojis are supported, which helps for pointing upwards.
This what you want?
IMG_6022.jpg

dbooths

Postby dbooths » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:24 pm

How do I enable this function. I've tried to access the mode but its not allowing my to remove the old "Cheese"

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:52 pm

You are using built-in wifi mode, right?
You can change this by going to Settings App -> Wifi Booth -> scroll down and change the 2 settings for "Cheese"

dbooths

Postby dbooths » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm sorry for so many questions.

How do I access the built in wifi mode. I am running a Ipad Pro 12.9 with Data

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Did you connect the app to your canon, sony or nikon camera? Then you are already using built-in wifi mode. It's the very first button you press, when you first open the app.

dbooths

Postby dbooths » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Okay, I figured it out. I was trying to set it up without connecting the DSLR. Once I connected the camera it appeared on the screen. Thank you so much for you prompt reply. I have some more ideas for future versions. i will post them shortly/

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Glad you got it working, thanks for letting me know!
Looking forward to your ideas.

zypie

Postby zypie » Sat May 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi there,

OK in the next version i've added two settings in the settings app... you can change the text of the "Cheese!", and you can specify how many lines it should take up.
Here is an example using two lines. You'll note that emojis are supported, which helps for pointing upwards.
This what you want?

IMG_6022.jpg
I have forget to thank you, that is awesome, exactly what I want!!!!

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:12 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HvPs3VntE1w

The company above used to make and sell the LED ring you're talking about however they didn't sell many and published how to make your own on www.gethub.com

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijE_hLZ0WmA

Is another much easier set up you can connect this to a 12 V relay switch which would plug into the headphone jack on the iPad then when the iPad please the beep countdown nice it would blink whenever the beep was playing

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”