Event with no internet connection

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
markmccune

Event with no internet connection

Postby markmccune » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:34 am

We're planning on using WiFi Booth this weekend for a wedding and were informed there won't be any access to internet. Will the app function in an "offline" mode? Can it save photos and guest info for upload and email once it's connected to wifi?

Thanks,
Mark

tim
Site Admin

Re: Event with no internet connection

Postby tim » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:52 am

Hi Mark,
Yes. WiFi Booth was originally designed for offline operation, and features like dropbox uploading were introduced later.
Email addresses by default will be collected, so that you can later use the button in the settings area "Get email addresses". It does not automatically email when later the ipad goes online, it just collects the addresses. Photos are saved in the camera roll. If you want the collages to be saved also, then turn that option in the Settings App -> Wifi booth.

Good luck at your wedding!
thanks
tim

Jason

Postby Jason » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Tim,

Great app overall! I'm trying to use the app at a location without an Internet connection. Based on the response above, I purchased a one week rental of the app. However, when I connect to a wireless network without Internet access the app runs in demo mode. Is there a way for the app to recognize the purchase when not connected to the Internet?

Jason

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:08 am

Hi Jason
Thanks for buying the app for a week. There's no internet connection required to stay out of trial mode -- the app remembers that it's out of trial mode forever, unless you delete the app and then install it (in which case an internet connection is required to restore your subscription).
If you didn't delete the app, then something else is happening. Can you please describe exactly what you mean by "demo mode" ?
thanks
-tim

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Tim,

After restarting the app, everything is working now. Sorry for the false alarm. The app is working properly on a wireless network without internet connection. Thanks for the quick reply. And thanks for providing the great software.

Jason

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi Jason,
Great! You're welcome. Let me know if you have any problems.
-tim

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi there,
Offline queueing of dropbox uploads & emails is coming soon. If you would like to test this feature and give me feedback on it, i'd really appreciate it -- please send me a private message if you're interested.
thanks
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”