Autopilot Mode

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
brisket2016

Autopilot Mode

Postby brisket2016 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Incredible app, the only thing it is missing is an autopilot mode --- each time a group starts a "session" they press a red button that takes 3 pictures with 10 seconds in between. Instead of having the user select the 3 pictures, I would like WiFi booth to automatically create the collage and send to print with the 3 most recent pictures.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Autopilot Mode

Postby tim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks, yes, this is already on the todo list...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

bizzystlguy

Postby bizzystlguy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:43 pm

I was wondering if this feature was in the app yet and I was just missing it?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi there,
No, it is under construction. I literally just met with my designer a few days ago and we were working hard on it. It's not easy to get right! And we want to build it to be really awesome...
This will launch with wifibooth v4, which is planned for early summer.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

bizzystlguy

Postby bizzystlguy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 am

I appreciate the quick response! Good luck in your efforts to expand the features of this app. Looking forward to seeing more!

BriandWesPhoto

Postby BriandWesPhoto » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:31 am

Looking forward to this feature. I'm switching from simple booth bc I wanted to use a higher quality camera and I desperately wanted to fire a strobe. This feature will give me th best of both worlds! Keep it up Tim!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:05 am

Thanks! I can confirm this feature is being worked on.

shanos

Postby shanos » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Loving the app so far, currently test driving it before I decide to take the plunge.
I am hoping to build a Photo Booth as a feature on my website gadgetz.tv and use the software to showcase it, hopefully the autopilot function will make an early appearance as having manually done a few photo booths the desire for users to want retake after retake is really annoying and time consuming.

This feature would prevent that and also make for some great and fun candid shots in the collage (where people get caught between poses etc), not sure what layouts you are planning to implement but it might be nice if you could give the users a screen where they could select the layout they want e.g 1 large, 2 pics, 3images or a double strip etc (all would fill the same size print).

looking forward to release 4, if you want beta tester let me know.

Thanks Shane

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks Shanos. You can definitely beta test it, when i'm far enough along.

As V4 is currently designed, you can turn on auto-pilot mode to collages, or to printing.
If you turn AutoPilot on to collages, then after you press the button to take photos, you'll skip the photo-selection and go straight to the screen where you're seeing the collage -- at which point you can shuffle the photos in the collage if it's not arranged how you want it.
If you turn AutoPilot on to printing, then it skips photo-selection and collage-shuffling too, and immediately prints out the photo and asks the user if they want to enter an email address.

None of this is coded yet, i'm still in design changes... that is to say, all of this is subject to change.

Daed24

Postby Daed24 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Any more news on this, it's what I need for my photo booth for my wedding. Will this also allow you to set how many prints?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 pm

It's done and will be released in the next update, and yes you can choose to set a fixed number of prints, or allow the user to choose how many prints.
The next update is v4, huge update. I've been working til past midnight many nights since March. Hope to get it out in early July, it has taken longer than I expected.

Daed24

Postby Daed24 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:40 am

Sweet can't wait to test it out

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 pm

this is so awesome! I've been waiting since 2015 for this app to behave like most other photobooth software with an auto print option. I submitted PM to be beta tester if you still need any.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”