A suggestion/Feature request

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
xanderswanson

A suggestion/Feature request

Postby xanderswanson » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:37 am

First, let me say kudos on a job well done on integrating dslr wifi control into your app.You seem to be the only game in town in that regard.
So far I've only been able to play with the demo mode as there is one feature that I'd like to have that would seal the deal...

Would it be possible to have the option to disable the collage feature altogether? And/or make it autogenerate the collage when the camera sequence is over - negating the need to choose images to put in the collage (and the filmstrip at the top)? Basically, let it autogenerate according to the number of images selected in the setup.
Basically, I'd like to be able to set it all up where the only interaction from guests would be pressing the screen to start the photo-taking sequence. The activity of printing (if a printer were connected) would be fully automated after the image-taking sequence. If for whatever reason Apple doesn't allow it to print on it's own without user interaction, then maybe have a button that pops up asking if they'd like to print the collage with a preview of it (only if a printer is connected of course - with no printer connected it would just go back to the start screen).

Another nice addition would be the ability to upload a custom start screen image. That one addition would allow for so many more branding options

If you could add those two features (option to remove collage feature and custom start screen) I'd happily buy multiple licenses. Or an upgrade in-app purchase :)

tim
Site Admin

Re: A suggestion/Feature request

Postby tim » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:02 am

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll name your idea for auto-selecting the photos taken a "kiosk mode" feature, because what it sounds like you're after is minimal customer input. This is doable, i'm just not sure how many people would use it. But i'll think about it.
Re customizing the start screen, which screen do you mean? the one where the red camera button is? Not sure how that would look, the camera button still needs to sit there...

xanderswanson

Postby xanderswanson » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:13 pm

The customizable start screen I was referring to would be the full screen image (since the collage/film strip would be disabled) that you would press to start the photo taking sequence.
Basically, Is it possible to make a full screen (basically invisible) button and a customizable image holder in the background?

mackensteff

Postby mackensteff » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:05 am

Just to chime in on this feature and your question about how many would use this. I would! I have been spending hours to find an adorable solution, and your software is so close, but I need to minimize the user interaction. If it would just take the pictures and send them in strip for to a printer you would have a new customer.

xanderswanson

Postby xanderswanson » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:31 am

Just to chime in on this feature and your question about how many would use this. I would! I have been spending hours to find an adorable solution, and your software is so close, but I need to minimize the user interaction. If it would just take the pictures and send them in strip for to a printer you would have a new customer.
I'm in the same boat. Need less customer indecision/bottleneck possibilities.

There is another (popular) photobooth app out there currently (that shall remain nameless) that does offer the least amount of user interaction as a selling point, however they do not offer WiFi Booth's number one selling point (imho), which is wifi live view and camera control. That'd be the best of both worlds!! :^)

imfoofy

Postby imfoofy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:11 am

I'm in the same boat. Need less customer indecision/bottleneck possibilities.

There is another (popular) photobooth app out there currently (that shall remain nameless) that does offer the least amount of user interaction as a selling point, however they do not offer WiFi Booth's number one selling point (imho), which is wifi live view and camera control. That'd be the best of both worlds!! :^)
I third this feature! I know for a fact that the birthday party I'm throwing next week will have a lot of guests taking their sweeeeeet time customizing their collage, taking re-takes, thus holding up the line that is highly anticipated. Make this an option and this app is gold!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:55 pm

OK, i've been thinking about adding this.
Current plan:
  • It's an option like "Simple mode" which you turn on in the event settings
  • In simple mode, the main view doesn't show the filmstrip at the top. This means no twitter photos show up (but collages could still be auto-tweeted)
  • Your existing printer and camera settings' behavior will stay the same: if the event says to print 4x6 with strip-cut printing mode enabled, that's what will be used; if the event says to take 6 photos, then 6 photos will be taken when the camera button is touched
  • The difference will be that after the photos are taken, there's a full-screen view that shows the auto-generated collage from all of the photos taken (all photos taken are always auto-selected), with the options for print (if enabled in event settings), email (if enabled in event settings), and close.
Is that what you guys want?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

xanderswanson

Postby xanderswanson » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:13 pm

That would be great. The only thing I can think of that would make it any better would be if it just automatically printed it.
Then, If the option for email is turned on, it could show the preview and ask if you want it emailed perhaps?

My only concern would be that someone would need to push the "close" button before being able to use the booth again, or that some kid will push the "print" button 50 times because it doesn't happen immediately.
Or will it go back to the start screen after they push print?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:17 pm

The print dialog where it asks for how many copies you want to print could be automatically shown, but, that assumes that you have printing enabled (ie. some cheaper packages don't have printing). Still, it's doable.
After printing, the preview/collage would definitely be dismissed (back to start screen).
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:09 am

Hi all, just a quick update - this feature is going to be called Autopilot mode and it's coming in v4, launching this summer. Autopilot mode has two settings: "collages", meaning it skips the image selection part and auto-generates you a collage (on which you can hit a simple "shuffle" button a few times to change which order the images are in); or, "printing" autopilot mode, which means after hitting the red/start button it goes all the way to asking how many copies you want to print automatically.

Feedback welcome.

xanderswanson

Postby xanderswanson » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:15 am

That sounds great.
The only feedback that I'd have would be if there was a way to skip the last button press altogether (shuffle or how many copies) - a "full-auto" mode. They push start, it takes their pictures, generates the collage, shows a preview of it for a few seconds, prints a copy (if printing is enabled), then goes back to the start screen. Basically one touch per turn at the booth. That would help stop the bottlenecks by moving people through the booth as much as possible (so they're not repeatedly pressing the shuffle button), and keep people from printing (and wasting) an unnecessary number of prints.
I use my booth at weddings where there's typically a fair amount of alcohol involved, so the least amount of input necessary is definitely better.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Yup that seems like a good idea :)

shanos

Postby shanos » Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 am

I think its sounding really good, I would suggest if I may that we have a setting in our options that allows us to disable the number of prints option.
Just thinking that we might not want 6 people all wanting a print of the same thing as it will take ages to print all 6 and if everyone did it we would not only use a lot of paper but the printer would be still churning out prints for the first lot when the next two parties had taken theirs.

adam

Postby adam » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Hey Tim,

Ay update on when this will be released?

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Wifibooth 4.0 is at release candidate stage. If i hear back on monday from someone who is testing the app that it works with sony and nikon well (have failed a few tests on those recently) then im submitting to apple for approval. So possibly this coming week. I sure hope so.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”