iPad camera + DSLR

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
miniblin

iPad camera + DSLR

Postby miniblin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:15 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the app. It's fantastic ..! ;) :!:
A small suggestion here, as I used the app during my wedding recently. I used it with my Nikon D5500, and the fact is that during the party, it crashed many times because of the live view. (the Booth had a huge success !)
It appeared that live view is quite "hard" for the DSLR and it had consequences on the whole process. Needed to restart the DSLR, pair the iPad again, the printer also, etc.
Once I disabled the live-view function, we had no more bugs.

So we used it like this. But live view is a nice feature, really...
So I came to the idea :idea: of using both the iPad front-camera, just for live view, and the DSLR when taking the real pictures.
As long as it could have a difference in the angle between iPad camera and DSLR, it could be calibrated through a first step in the process.

What do you think :?:

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad camera + DSLR

Postby tim » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:48 am

I think i need to fix all those crashes :) when you say crash you mean the app totally quits right?
I have fixed many for the next update. If you would be willing to test it for me to see if it still crashes, that would be very helpful for me - just PM me your email address.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

miniblin

Postby miniblin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:53 am

As I was the groom, it was mainly a friend of mine that took care of the booth, but it was more about the DSLR itself : it wasn't able to show again the live view after coming back to the main screen (after a print).
He said that the DSLR was hot (inside the box also), so may be I should add a small fan inside ? But I guess it is somehow quite difficult for the DSLR to stream the live view for a long time.

Did you already face this kind of issue with your Canon (if I understand well you have a EOS 750D) ?

No problem to test it, i will PM you my email adress.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 am

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on your wedding!
The camera should be able to stream live view to the app for a long time with no problem. The current version on the appstore has a problem that might be stopping this. Let's get you on the beta and see if you find it is fixed (should be).
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

miniblin

Postby miniblin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks, I'll let you know.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”