Connecting Issue To Fujifilm X-A3

Built-in WiFi only.
drumstix116

Connecting Issue To Fujifilm X-A3

Postby drumstix116 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 am

Hi,

I'm trying to connect the app to my Fujifilm X-A3. I'm using an ipad mini 2 which is connected via wifi directly to the X-A3. When I try to connect the camera to Wifibooth, it just stays on connecting and sort of locks up my camera where the light just blinks green and orange and won't turn off. I would need to remove the battery to make the camera functional again as even the power switch won't do anything. Do you know why this is happening?

Not sure if it's important, but I have no problems connecting the camera to the Fujifilm remote camera app. I've tried using a newly formatted SD card. Still won't work.

Thanks.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Connecting Issue To Fujifilm X-A3

Postby tim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 am

Hi drumstix,
Well that's definitely not good!
Can you please tell me what firmware version you have on the camera?
It looks like the latest version might be 2.10. If you have an older version, please update and try again!
You might be able to update from here (no warranty from me, heh): http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital ... index.html
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

drumstix116

Postby drumstix116 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:11 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response. The camera is already on the latest firmware even before I tried your app. I updated it a few weeks ago.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am

Hmm at the moment nothing comes to mind. Is your iPad mini 2 fully updated to the newest iOS 11?
Also can you try updating Wifibooth to 4.1.0 (released monday) and see if that helps?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

babzowski

Postby babzowski » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi
Same issue for me with an X-Pro 2, and everything is updated.
I couldnt connect the camera at first. I succedded after shortened the camera name (strange but it worked !). But when connected, I got this locking up with green/orange LED, like it’s trying to send some data to the app, but nothing happens. Impossible to shoot. No image on the ipad. After a few minutes, the X-pro 2 cut the connection.

If you could get your hand on a Fuji and see if you can make it work it would be great. I lost my Eye-Fi card, they don’t sell it anymore and I need to use my wifibooth next month on a wedding (and this summer).

Thanks !

babzowski

Postby babzowski » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Just to let you know, I modify several things (too many to remember which ones) and I can now shoot !
BUT, despite the photos are on my SD card, none appears in the app...

markusuetz

Postby markusuetz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:54 am

Hi Tim,

I have exactly the same Issue like drumstix. My Fujifilm X-A3 firmware is 2.20 and ipad mini 2 and iphone5s have the latest updates?

Allways when i connect to wifibooth my the X A3 blinks yellow/green and i cant switch it of... and wifibooth says ops where is the camera ..

You have any idea or bugfixes with a new beta version?

Your app is excatly what i need for my allready build booth for a wedding next week! Hope i can manage to get it done, otherwise i only can use the crappy fujifilm camera remote.. ;/

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 am

Hey markusuetz,
Sorry to hear it isn't working for you!
Two things to try:
1) please make sure there's only 1 SD card inserted, that it is formatted, and that it has one photo on it (made by your A3) before you try connecting to Wifibooth
2) failing that, please grab the app "Cascable" from the app store. Can you connect to your camera & take photos with that?

markusuetz

Postby markusuetz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:39 am

Hey Tim,

I Formated the Stick and made one Photo and also tried Cascable ... having the same issue with cascable that my Camera is blinking and could Not be Switched off 😕

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:14 am

Hi Markus, ok, i'm going to look at the X-A3. Stay tuned!

mex

Postby mex » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:50 am

Hi Tim,

I’m also encountering the same issue. Tried connecting my XA3 fujifilm to wifibooth and my camera just keeps on blinking.

Hoping you have an update regarding this.

Thanks

ameyzinggrace

Postby ameyzinggrace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 am

I have Fujifilm X-A10 and the same issue happens with me. Wifibooth never connects and my camera's LED just kept on blinking and would not turn off even when switching the power button.

Is the app really compatible with Fujifilm X-A series??

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:16 am

Hi Ameyzinggrace,
At the moment I don't have an A-series camera to test but yes it should work.
Are you able to try it with the free iOS app called Cascable? Does it connect with that?
thanks

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”