No Pictures to Gallery from Connected Camera

Built-in WiFi only.
Hub925

No Pictures to Gallery from Connected Camera

Postby Hub925 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:29 am

Hello, I'm trying out the app for an event this afternoon (late, yes)...I connected the camera to my Ipad and saw the pictures being taken by the camera, but after the "waiting" (1 minute), no pictures were found in my Wifibooth Gallery. What happened and how do I get them into the app so I can try saving/posting/emailing etc?

tim
Site Admin

Re: No Pictures to Gallery from Connected Camera

Postby tim » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Hub925
What camera are you using?
Please check that your memory card is formatted/empty, then take one photo on the card (with the camera directly), before connecting Wifibooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Hub925

Postby Hub925 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 am

So in order to use the app I have to have an empty SDCard each time? I'm using a Canon EOSRebelT6

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

No you definitely do not have to empty the card each time -- but if you have huge 500MB JPG images on the SD card and your camera is instructed to read them by Wifibooth, your camera will likely fail, and terminate the connection to Wifibooth.

What version of wifibooth are you using? Please go to Settings app -> Wifibooth. If it is older than 4.4.8 please update in the app store. Also please confirm in the settings app -> wifibooth that all switches are OFF.

If you continue to have no images transferred, please check the camera settings: make sure the camera is saving JPGs.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Hub925

Postby Hub925 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:28 am

OK I got it to work by going into camera setting and picking the S3 jpg format...it wouldn't work on a larger size setting I tried first...thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 am

Great, you're welcome! If it's not working on larger sizes, try decreasing the distance between the camera and the ipad (if there's no wifi router -- if you are connecting via a router, then move the ipad & camera closer to the router)

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”