Collages and image modifications can‘t be saved

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
Gongedan

Collages and image modifications can‘t be saved

Postby Gongedan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Tim,

I run your app with the selfie-package on an Ipad pro 11inch paired to a Canon Eos M5. It is working quite well so far and I really like it. However, I‘m experiencing one problem: if I choose a couple of images for a collage or modify an image with stickers, filters etc., the app doesn‘t save the final result. I press „done“ and the app returns to the camera view. However, when I go back to the gallery or look in the „Photos“-Folder of iOS, the collage or the modified images are nowhere to be found. There‘s only the unedited pics in the gallerie view.
Hope you can help as it would be quite sad if I couldn‘t use these features.

Best regards
Gongedan

tim
Site Admin

Re: Collages and image modifications can‘t be saved

Postby tim » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi Gongedan,
I apologize: I became aware of this issue a few days ago. It is already fixed and I'm working really hard to get the update out: please expect it next week. Sorry about this.
Also. Can you please confirm you have iOS 12 installed on the device where Wifibooth is running?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Gongedan

Postby Gongedan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey Tim,

thank you for your super fast answer! Glad to here a fix is already in the works. Yes, I‘m running iOS 12.1 and Wifibooth 4.7.0.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Great! you're welcome. As soon as 4.7.1 comes out, assuming you have auto-updates on, this will be fixed.
If anyone is reading this who does not have iOS 12 installed:
- if you have an iPad Air 1 or newer, please update to iOS 12 or newer
- if you have an iPad older than the Air, please reply on this thread
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Hey Gongedan, 4.7.1 just went live on the App Store. It could take anywhere from 15 minutes to a day until you can see it. Please update and let me know if it solves your problem!

Gongedan

Postby Gongedan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:14 am

Hey Tim, I just updated and now everything seems to be working fine! Collages are saved in their own Photos-Gallery of iOS. Great!

Allow me one more question: Is there a possibility to modify just a single image with stickers and filters? At the moment this seems to work only on collages. I found a workaround by checking "allow collages with just one image", create a one image collage and modify that. However, it does take longer, is a bit more complicated and you get that white frame around your picture. So if there is another option I might have overlooked to modify a single image directly let me know!

Anyways, thank you very much for the fast update. The additional stickers are also much appreciated! Have a nice day!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 am

Great to hear, you are welcome.
Editing single photos is possible when there are actions available on the single photo (print, email etc). So at the moment that means you would need small events package or pro.
I will think about how to add this for selfie package in the future.

Return to “Help: Other issues”