Again extrem lagging and connection breakup D7100 iPad Mini Retina

Built-in WiFi only.
RawShore

Again extrem lagging and connection breakup D7100 iPad Mini Retina

Postby RawShore » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 am

Hello, new event new problem. Since there is no beta version I had to change to the normal iStore App Version and now nothing is working.

With my configuration and the beta everything was working fine, a little bit slow sometimes but good enough at all.

Now nothing works, extrem lags, countdown and picture making total mixed up, everything makes no sense, seems like the system has a completely overrun.
Wifi breaks up the hole time and a can‘t work with it anyway.

I tried all the tips in the forum, reset, update, no other WiFi, full Akku, only that one app running, but it won’t get better.

Can somebody help?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Again extrem lagging and connection breakup D7100 iPad Mini Retina

Postby tim » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 am

Hi RawShore,

First, please check what version of wifibooth you have: if you go to settings app (Einstellungen app) -> Wifibooth -> scroll down to version, what version number do you see?

Second, is there a chance you could borrow another iPad that is NOT a mini (ie. iPad pro or air 2), to try out your camera with it? I have a suspicion that the ipad mini is part of the problem. If you are able to test this for me, and the other ipad works better, then I have an idea how to help you..
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

RawShore

Postby RawShore » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi Tim,

It is the newest version, just downloaded it yesterday again. Now I tested a lot of thinks.

iPad Mini Retina -> iPad Mini 4 = Some Problem.
Nikon D7100 -> Canon 6d = Same
Canon 6d + iPad mini 4 = Same

Feels like it is the software some how. Can’t understand why it was working the last times. Last use was in March.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Can you please try a different ipad that is NOT a mini. The mini is a very underpowered problematic device with wifi issues too. I have a suspicion what the issue is. I can try to make you a new beta build tomorrow but it woild be very helpful to know that it is the mini that is the problem
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 am

Update: OK I invited your email to the beta. Please use testflight to install it on your iPad Mini and tell me if it is any different.

TESTFLIGHT
Here's what you need to do to install wifibooth beta version:
1. install the Apple app "TestFlight" (free)
2. on the device you installed Testflight, open the email you got from apple testflight and touch the button at the bottom to accept the testflight invitation
3. In the testflight app, install Wifibooth. You can install it over top of the current version if you want to (Testflight will warn you, don't worry - it's safe).

RawShore

Postby RawShore » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Hey Tim, it took some time and i tested a lot but I am still having trouble with my photo booth.

Like every new year some friends want to use my PhotoBooth and still nothing ist working. It seems like it gets worth and worth with every update...

Last time I tried to use my iPhone X wich should have have more than enough power to run WiFibooth and a Nikon D7500 and it is always the same problem.

No connection to camera, klicking a lot between Building WiFi Camera, EyeFi and so on. Than camera does connect but If you hit the photo button, nothing happens, or it happens several seconds later and always Loading the picture for hours or loosing connection.

I am so frustrated, if have build that extrem expensive case for my setup and it isn’t working at all.

Is Nikon the problem? Does WiFibooth not support Nikon?

I wish we could go back to your old version with the old layout because it worked on several weddings without trouble 🤷🏼‍♂️

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 am

I am sorry the app is not working for you.
Nikon cameras are fully supported. Are you using the D7100 like the title suggests (requires wifi adaptor), or, are you using the D7500 (built-in wifi) ?
In Settings App -> Wifibooth can you please tell me if any switches are turned on? (they should be all off)

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”