Wordmarks get cut off

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
BBPB

Wordmarks get cut off

Postby BBPB » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi!

Every time I create a new wordmark in the branding section, it gets slightly cut off (left and right margins) when I “add logo to collages”. What am I doing wrong?

BBPB

Re: Wordmarks get cut off

Postby BBPB » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 pm

And it looks fine in the display but as soon as it saves to the photo gallery on my iPad, it’s cut off.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 am

Hmm, can you show me what font you're using? I'm guessing the font is clipping, ie. too big, so the photo looks cut off.
Take some screenshots from your ipad and post them to imgur, then post some links here...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 pm

https://imgur.com/a/ZsW3r0w

As you can see the majority of wordmarks get cut off on the right side. Not all fonts do this, but it has been a consistent issue every time I create a wordmark.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in the next update.
In the meantime, please note that only the "cursive" fonts have this issue (that I can see at least)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Thank you so much! And yes, that’s been my experience...the cursive fonts appear to have issues.

Hoping the auto print in conjunction with email/text options is in the next update too.

P. S. Your software still rocks! Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Remind me what the other things were? links to posts etc

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:00 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1175&p=4432&hilit=P ... ties#p4432

I’m wanting the prints to be automatic with the number I set and allow the guests to email/text only if they want to. I do a scrapbook, so the guests overlook that they need to print with a text/email option. I want printing to be automatic and they have the option to text/email. Make sense?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 am

I think so: if the app behaved like it does now with the only difference that the “print” action was always forced on (cannot uncheck it), and you get to set the number of prints, would that do it for you? I am not promising anything as this might be more complicated than it looks. Will check after you confirm

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 am

Yes!

I’d be all set if it could behave like these options:

Option 1:
1. Guests click camera icon and take pics.
2. I set the predetermined number of photos to automatically print.
3. Guests are given the option on the screen to text and/or email photos to themselves.

Option 2:
1. Guests click camera icon and take pics.
2. Guests are required to enter the number of photos they want after taking pics with the following controls:
a. I have control on the limit of prints they can enter to print so no one goes crazy.
b. For the strip style photos (meaning 2 strips print) it is presented to the guests as 1 print, 2 prints, 3 prints, etc. I KNOW it will print in twos no matter, but it will make sense to them and this leads to point c.
c. The system automatically adds one extra print to the number they entered for the scrapbook purpose. By setting it up like I stated in step b this may end up saving paper in the long run...for example, if the guests only want 3 prints, the system will add one and print four rather than the guests having to pick four prints and then six would have to print out.
3. After printing is decided, the text/email screen and I can turn these features on or off depending upon event.

There are two goals:
1. To have the proper amount of prints for the guests to take with them AND having a +1 to satisfy the needs of the scrapbook.
2. To have printing separate from email/text options because the guests think they only can pick one and don’t realize they can do it all...despite my signs. Lol!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 pm

There are some good thoughts in here. They warrant more thought than just a simple change like I had originally thought.
I'm going to noodle on these with my designer in April, so it will take longer until you see a change, but it will be a better one...

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Great! Looking forward to this coming to fruition! Thank you!

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi Tim! Wanted to check on these ideas we chatted about a while back to see if these options were going to happen and if you had a timeframe as to when they would be released. Please let me know!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 06, 2019 9:04 am

Hi BBPB
Your feedback was noted back in March. Keep in mind that in general, the pipeline is full for about 2 months at a time...
The things you've asked for are not new to me, they've been on my mind for some time. There's a lot to do.
I do not disclose development timelines until something is imminent.
Will let you know when there's something to see.

BBPB

Postby BBPB » Tue May 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Excellent! Just wanted to make sure it was in the works! Thanks again!

Return to “Help: Other issues”