GDPR compliance

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
psou

GDPR compliance

Postby psou » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi there,

As you probably already know there is a new thing in EU called GDPR that we all need to look in to.
When people put their email there has to be a tick box that they have "read" and understood the gdpr rules and that they are the owner of the email that they register etc..

This is a huge legal mater in our days and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

tim
Site Admin

Re: GDPR compliance

Postby tim » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi psou,
Yes i'm quite aware of GDPR.
What I believe people are doing at the moment is changing the email text from "Please enter a valid email address" to something like, "By entering your email address below, you confirm that you are the owner of the email address, and that you wish to receive email from xyz@domain.com". Does that work for you too?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

psou

Postby psou » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Dear Tim,

Maybe so but this does not cover future use of the emails!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Psou,
This is already an existing setting -- right now you can change the text to whatever you want. It is a textfield that you enter your text into. See Event settings -> Email. You can word it however you think it needs to be worded, to cover your GDPR requirements. Or if you are not in the EU, you can word it more simply :)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Other issues”