So CLOSE

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
undermarks

So CLOSE

Postby undermarks » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:52 am

Its so close please its so close to being perfect, i need to be able to do single pictures with an overlay on the entire frame. please if you can do this you will be my GOD. I will buy this program and get every Photo Booth operator in los angeles to use it, i will make you free adds on Facebook please i need these features. A choice of a single picture and the ability to do a full frame watermark, i.e. a .png frame around the shot. please with this feature you will be the best app for Photo Booth operators ever made a swear to god, better than simple boo0th, live booth and shutter snitch

tim
Site Admin

Re: So CLOSE

Postby tim » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:48 am

Hi undermarks
Nice to see you excited -- every booth operator in L.A. would be real nice ;)
Can you please post an example photo here that shows the result of what you mean? It sounds like you want to give the app a PNG of a frame, and have all photos framed within it. Is it ok if the PNG/frame crops the photo, like a watermark does? If your frame is really thick then you'd have to make sure you shoot the photos with lots of room around the edges.
It's doable but I'd like to see you post an example of this first. It's incredibly easy to misunderstand what's wanted.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:39 am

In wifibooth update 3.1.0 (available approx sept 7), you can use an overlay and "maximize" this. If you make a transparent PNG that is the same aspect ratio of the paper-size you configure (ie. 4x6), then you should now be able to accomplish what you want.

architecturegeek

Postby architecturegeek » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi Tim,

I think he's talking about a watermark on every image rather than over the collage/photostrip. I'm looking for the same functionality and shocked the doesn't already include it (although searching through the history it sounds like it may have at one point?)

See attached for example of a translucent .png over an image.

The idea is that EVERY. SINGLE. IMAGE. should be able to have a watermark/overlay/logo on it.
We've found that while some people will take a handful of images some only take one so the idea of 'collages' is a little misguided on your part. It's also currently not even possible to email a single image which is incredibly weird.

Your trial mode already does this (by overlaying your own watermark), we just want to be able to do that with our own graphics. Make sense?

Our org was ready to subscribe to the pro events package but this weird logo business has us looking at alternatives.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Sure i'll consider that for a future version.
Currently the app is more optimized for weddings, which it works well for
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

architecturegeek

Postby architecturegeek » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks Tim.

Note the personalized watermark also would help with the iphone/ipod connection (as it's already sending a single image over).

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Yes, true. Hadn't thought of that.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Just a quick update, this feature has been implemented for the next release (4.0)

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”