Suggestion: Store/Default test email address

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
FeRDNYC

Suggestion: Store/Default test email address

Postby FeRDNYC » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:53 am

Hi Tim,

In working on our Wifibooth setup for an upcoming event, I remembered a suggestion I'd intended to make last time through this process, and then forgot. It's somewhat along the same lines as djpedroc's Feature Request: Predictive Email Address Entry, but even simpler.

It'd be great if Wifibooth either:
  • Let me configure a default for the Test Email destination, as an event setting.
  • Remembered the most recent address I sent a Test Email to, and pre-filled the field with that value on subsequent uses.
Email is the primary product for our photobooth setup, we don't do any printing. So, getting the email for an event "just so" can be a bit of a process, and often involves a lot of test-tweak-test-tweak-test-tweak cycles before everyone's happy with the results. After a while, repeatedly poking my own email address into the iPad's keyboard begins to wear.

(I keep telling myself I'll copy it to the clipboard, so I can just past it back in next time, but I always end up losing it when I have to copy/paste some other text.)

Anyway, just an idea. Thanks again for a first-rate app!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Store/Default test email address

Postby tim » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Good idea, will do this.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

FeRDNYC

Postby FeRDNYC » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:40 pm

I just realized there's a "best of both worlds" implementation that would allow those options to coexist, even.

If Wifibooth pre-filled the field with either the last used address, or a stored default (if one is set for the event), then most users who just want to conveniently repeat their tests can leave the default setting blank. Whereas users who want a particular address to come up can enter it into the settings, and it'll always be pre-filled even if they override it for the occasional one-off test.

(Oh, I don't know if the iPad's text-input API makes this possible, but bonus points if the input box places the text selection rectangle around any address it pre-fills. That way, the user can clear the whole thing with a single tap of the delete key.)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:21 pm

I don't want to make this another setting (there's a ton of settings already).
I'm planning to make the last-used email address show up as an autocomplete option on the keyboard's upper bar, the same way it does when guests are re-entering their email address for the second time... but for the test email case you won't have to type in any chars to make it show up, it'll just be there
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

FeRDNYC

Postby FeRDNYC » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:32 am

That sounds great, thanks!

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”