Some Problems during events

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
felix11k

Some Problems during events

Postby felix11k » Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi Tim,
i have some problems again.
Is there a way to read an error log?

My Hardware:
Canon selphy 1300 , router, Canon eos 4000d, Ipad mini 1
Everything is connected to the router.

My problem is, that the app brings up an error on the screen "please talk to the photographer" and it stops printing.
I have no idea whats the problem and why its showing me this. Also it never prints out the picture after this error.
The Collage and the picture is saved in the album.

Tomorrow i can try to reproduce this error, but it would be nice to see after the event what happened.

regards Felix

tim
Site Admin

Re: Some Problems during events

Postby tim » Fri May 10, 2019 3:42 pm

What version of Wifibooth is this? You can see the version in Settings App --> Wifibooth -> at the bottom.
After you see that error in Wifibooth, if you go to the Apple Photos app and try to print a photo, what happens?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Fri May 10, 2019 6:03 pm

hi Tim,
i will check the version tomorrow. it is not the newest version and also not the newest one on IOS. I rented my box a few times and everything worked just fine (printed 180 photos each event without problems). Since last event there are problems. Today the same. the box is still at an event and they keep calling me because it seems like nothing is working.
It prints 1 Photo and 2 not.

Need to find an solutions soon, caus i am loosing money now for not charging them because of all this problems.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Ok. If you are doing this commercially you need to be on iOS 12 with the newest update of Wifibooth. It does not make sense to use an old version, because the new versions are where the bugfixes are. I spend a lot of time and effort fixing issues.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Sat May 11, 2019 2:55 am

it worked 6 or 7 times perfect and they printed a lot of photos. So it cant be the update I habe no idea what changed. But eaven if it dont do it comercially it need to work.

So is this a common bug that it works just a several times?
If i buy the pad mini 3 i will not have this problems any more?

ist there an error log or something that we can see what happened?

*Update*
I have it now and try to reproduce this Problems. Lets see whats going on. Also i try to get a ipad mini 3 or 4.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Sat May 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi Tim,
i think i know where the Problem is. I also have the same Problem with an Ipad mini 4.
The App looses the connection to the printer.

I have checked two different Options.

First option is to use the printer as an Access Point and secound one to use a Router to creat a wifi Network.
At both i have the same Problem.

What i see now is that if i start the app, the cama and printer are connecting fine. After a few secound the printer is red und comes back in a few secounds. Then the same again. Sometimes i can print 2 Pictures and then it brings up this error because of the printer connection.

I have no Idea why this happens, i just hope, that you can help me.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Can you please answer my other question:
After you see that error in Wifibooth, if you go to the Apple Photos app and try to print a photo, what happens?

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Sat May 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Can you please answer my other question:
ok, have checked it. I can print photos out of the apple Fotos without any Problem after this error shows up in the wifibooth app.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Ok interesting. I will get you a testflight build with logging soon. You have iOs 12 right?

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Sat May 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Ok interesting. I will get you a testflight build with logging soon. You have iOs 12 right?
It seems like there is a Problem between the printer and the app.
Thats strange, because untill to the last two events everything worked great.

I have a ipad mini 4 with IOS 12 and also a IPAD mini 1 with IOS 9.3.5.
I installed Testflight and i am ready for it.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Ok. It will take some days: Apple has to even review Testflight builds. It will only be possible on iOS 12 or newer.
As to why it suddenly stopped working: did you try powering off the ipad (all the way swipe to power off) recently? If not please do this and see if it helps!!!

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Sat May 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Ok. It will take some days: Apple has to even review Testflight builds. It will only be possible on iOS 12 or newer.
As to why it suddenly stopped working: did you try powering off the ipad (all the way swipe to power off) recently? If not please do this and see if it helps!!!
ok, i hope it goes fast, cause next weekend i have a other event.
Yes i have done it a few times. also just bought a ipad mini 4 Today to check it if it was just the old IOS with this Problem. But it is still with IOS12.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 11, 2019 3:35 pm

OK. Usually Testflight approvals take only 1-2 days, so we should be ok for your event next weekend if the logging shows the error. If it doesn't it will be trickier...

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm

OK. Usually Testflight approvals take only 1-2 days, so we should be ok for your event next weekend if the logging shows the error. If it doesn't it will be trickier...
i am sure we will find it.
thanks a lot

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 am

Frustratingly Apple has now rejected my Testflight build with logging twice, saying that it crashes on open for them. It certainly doesn't for me. I've submitted a third build. Hopefully they'll look at it today (tuesday)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Update: testflight build ready. Emailing you now (your forum email address)

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 am

Update: testflight build ready. Emailing you now (your forum email address)
Thanks,
i reproduced the error and going to send you the Logs via Mail in a few Minutes.

reagrds

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 pm

OK. I did not get them yet (4 hours after your last post).

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm

UPDATE: I might have found & fixed the error.
Can you please try the newest testflight build (5587 or newer) -- can you still reproduce the problem with this update?
(also, i did not receive any email from you yet)

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm

UPDATE: I might have found & fixed the error.
Can you please try the newest testflight build (5587 or newer) -- can you still reproduce the problem with this update?
(also, i did not receive any email from you yet)
Hello Tim, i have reproduced the error eaven with the new Version.
After two prints the printer is not printing any more.
I can not see the error message, cause the App is loading something.
After the secound print i can see that the app lost the connection to the printer.
now after like 40 secounds it found again the connection.
with the new updated Version i can not see this option to send you the log files.

regards

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed May 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi felix
Ok. Can you please send me the logs from the version before, I did not receive them yet.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Thu May 16, 2019 6:27 am

Hi felix
Ok. Can you please send me the logs from the version before, I did not receive them yet.
Ok, dont know whats wrong, it shows me, that the Mail was sent, I sent it again.

Pls let me know if it arrived.

regards

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 16, 2019 7:38 am

Yup got it! Will analyse logs shortly

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 am

Yup got it! Will analyse logs shortly
ok, thanks a lot.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu May 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Ok new build 5588 available. Please update using testflight app and tell me if improves the problem.
More details after you tell me about 5588

UPDATE: please use build 5589 (or newer) instead of 5588. I'm pretty sure i've figured out what is happening and fixed it. fingers-crossed that you can confirm this ASAP, because if so, i'm going to release this to the app store ASAP

Return to “Help: Other issues”