Wifibooth linked with a bluetooth button

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
PhotoBooth

Wifibooth linked with a bluetooth button

Postby PhotoBooth » Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 am

Hi,

We are using Wifibooth pro for our photobooth and before using Wifibooth we were using an app that we were linking with a bluetooth button. My question is, is there any way that we can using this button instead of the button on the screen and so remove this button??

If it is not possible at the moment I hope Wifibooth will be update that new feature in the next updates.
Thank you for your answers.

Best regards
Siméon

tim
Site Admin

Re: Wifibooth linked with a bluetooth button

Postby tim » Wed May 22, 2019 8:55 am

Hello Simeon
Wifibooth can be triggered by any remote (including bluetooth remotes) that send a “volume up” signal to the iPad. These can be found cheap on Amazon. If you need a link let me know.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

PhotoBooth

Postby PhotoBooth » Tue May 28, 2019 3:30 am

Hello Simeon
Wifibooth can be triggered by any remote (including bluetooth remotes) that send a “volume up” signal to the iPad. These can be found cheap on Amazon. If you need a link let me know.
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your answer we have already the button because we where using a different app before wifibooth my question was more how can we link the wifibooth app with the bluetooth button because we haven't been able to do that.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 28, 2019 8:27 am

Pairing the button to the iPad is the same as before (outside of the wifibooth app -- you do it in Settings App -> bluetooth)
Once the button is paired, check that it is sending a volume-up command by starting some music playing on the ipad, pressing the volume up button on the ipad to make sure you can see an indicator of the volume being displayed, then pressing the bluetooth button. If you see the volume up display appear again, it is working and will trigger the camera in wifibooth. Note that the bluetooth button will only work in wifibooth when the red shutter button is visible and active in wifibooth.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

PhotoBooth

Postby PhotoBooth » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:36 am

Pairing the button to the iPad is the same as before (outside of the wifibooth app -- you do it in Settings App -> bluetooth)
Once the button is paired, check that it is sending a volume-up command by starting some music playing on the ipad, pressing the volume up button on the ipad to make sure you can see an indicator of the volume being displayed, then pressing the bluetooth button. If you see the volume up display appear again, it is working and will trigger the camera in wifibooth. Note that the bluetooth button will only work in wifibooth when the red shutter button is visible and active in wifibooth.
Thank you very much for your help Tim it's now working! We just have one last question is it possible to remove the button on the app screen and using only the bluetooth button ? Or is that what you're saying in your last sentence?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:12 am

Sorry it is not possible to remove this button, but: you could set the gallery screen to be the start screen, because the bluetooth trigger button will work from the gallery screen too

Return to “Help: Other issues”