Sony Alpha III Live View issues

Built-in WiFi only.
NeonSamurai

Sony Alpha III Live View issues

Postby NeonSamurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:30 am

Dear Community,

I purchased Wifibooth recently and I like the tool.Unfortunately I face some issues with the live view.

I am able to connect with the camera, but the pictures in Live View are significantly delayed (e.g. 1-8 seconds),
and the pictures come in bursts (like 1/2 a second where the live view is almost fluent, then freeze for 2 seconds).

Please could someone help how to setup the camera/iPad/Wifibooth correctly to get rid of the issue.

Sony Alpha 7 III (Firmware 3.0.1)
iPad mini 3 (Software 12.3.1)
Wifibooth (Version 4.9.3)

Best regards,
Markus

tim
Site Admin

Re: Sony Alpha III Live View issues

Postby tim » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 am

Hi Markus,
What happens when you install the official Sony app on the same iPad, and use that to display live-view -- is it "bursty" too, or does it behave better?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

NeonSamurai

Re: Sony Alpha III Live View issues [Solved]

Postby NeonSamurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm

Thank you for the tip.

I found the solution now: I have to switch off the Bluetooth on the iPad.
Now the LiveStream is fluent and without any delays.

Cheers,
Markus

tim
Site Admin

Re: Sony Alpha III Live View issues

Postby tim » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi Markus
Great that you found the fix, and thanks for sharing it!
That means you won't have a connection to BluePrint for internet access but fluid live-view is definitely more important!
I'm pretty sure the conflict between wifi & bluetooth is worse on the mini ipads. If you get a full size / newer one, it would work better.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”