Wifibooth compatible cameras

Built-in WiFi only.
chrisfortuna95

Re: WIFIBOOTH CAMERA COMPATIBILITY LIST

Postby chrisfortuna95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Hey Tim,

I tried to hook up a D5200 with the WU-1A but struggled to connect with two different iPads over the weekend. The Nikon app was able to recognize the camera, but I couldn't get wifi booth the find it. At one point it did find it but it timed out.

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Re: WIFIBOOTH CAMERA COMPATIBILITY LIST

Postby tim » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:31 am

The Nikon WU-1a & WU-1b adapters are really poorly made, so they're very picky.
One thing you can try is Settings App -> Wifibooth -> "Disable Analytics". This reduces the internet traffic that might get sent to the WU-1a, which it really cannot deal with properly. It does mean you'll lose Facebook, Twitter, and Dropbox though.
Also make sure the distance between the iOS device and WU-1a is really small, as it has a TINY antenna
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

jayoet

Re: Wifibooth compatible cameras

Postby jayoet » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:33 am

Is it possible to add Samsung nx300 ?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:23 am

Sorry Samsung is not supported.
Did you know the remote iPhone support is really great, high quality photos?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Florian

Postby Florian » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi im looking also for Samsung NX 300 Support. Its sad you does not support this cameras. We really like them and don't want to use our phone as cam ;)
I Think you will understand. Its annoying that these nx is a dead system.

How does it come, that you does not support them? is there any technically issues with the wifi , or a bad api?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am

Initially it's just a cost issue: there are so few people who would use Samsung cameras with Wifibooth that it isn't worth spending the money & time to build it

Neil55

IPad 2 Small Events

Postby Neil55 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

Hi Tim
I want to continue using an iPad 2, it works well, but I would now like to purchase the' Small Events' package. However, can you confirm having purchased it I will still be able to use the older app and not be prompted to use your current newer release? Hope that makes sense, thank you.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:19 am

Hi Neil,
On your iPad 2, which cannot run iOS 12, you are using a very old version of Wifibooth. It isn't possible for you to update it without iOS 12, and it isn't possible for us to release an update for it. That means that over time, things that connect to other devices will stop working. For example, at least the following have already stopped working in that version (and require iOS 12 + wifibooth update to be fixed): sending email via Google/GMail, facebook sharing, connecting to BluePrint/SoloLink, connecting to newer DSLRs/cameras (that were released after that date).

If you're just using the Small Events package with a camera that already works, then you should be safe! That shouldn't change.
But I would not purchase the Pro package unless you have an iPad that runs iOS 12.
Let me know if that's confusing and i'll try to explain :)

Neil55

Postby Neil55 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for that Tim and for getting back to me so quickly. I understand why you can't update it but as it's connecting to both the camera and a printer I am good to go; aside from the nag screen and watermark. I was really only checking to see if I pay for the small events package I am still able use the same setup on my old iPad. I like what you have added and all being well I may invest in a new iPad running iOS 12 at a later date :)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:47 am

Hi Neil,
Great!
In case it helps: currently the oldest ipad that can run up-to-date Wifibooth is the iPad Air (1), and I plan to drop support of iOS 12 in mid-to-late 2020.

Bealestpatron

Postby Bealestpatron » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Your compatibility list includes the Fujifilm X-T20. Will the more recent X-T30 also be supported?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:20 pm

It may already work, please try it out (app is free to try out with all features)

Daniel83

Postby Daniel83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:41 am

Hi Tim and everyone else... and thanks for a great, and what seems like a supersmart app.
I'm planning on a new photo booth for some weddings and already have a Canon selphy CD1300 printer and as far as I see that would work really simple in infrastructure mode with a Canon camera with Wifi... from what I've read there is a bunch of Canons that would work fine and what I try to decide is which one to get. The plan is ONLY to have the camera for this and not use it for anything else so my only technical demand is for it to work great with the app and the setup and togeather with the printer. From what I understand and read further back in this forum post the 750D as well as the 80D has been mentioned as good choices. My plan is to find a good used camera and would like if these still would be the recommendation if starting from scratch. Not being a Canon user normally I'm not sure how their AF works but needs something with a decent Facetracking / Face AF. The camera is planed to be used with a strobe.
I will use the setup with an Ipad Air 2 and want to be able to print, and be able to send email's + facebook as well!

Thankful for all the advices! /Daniel

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:27 am

Hi Daniel,
At this point the future is computational photography: did you think about an iphone 11? Your ipad runs wifibooth and connects to the iphone. About the same cost as a new canon, great photo quality for a photobooth, fantastic easy setup with wifibooth, and most importantly “magic screen” where the background is replaced without a green screen.

Daniel83

Postby Daniel83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:13 pm

Well didn't really consider the Iphone 11 no. Is still quite pricy compared to what I get a say 80D for (around 350-400EUR used) and I would still say the real optics and the ability to sync a real flash (strobe) provides for a better image. But of course there is advantages with the iphone as well.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Ok. If you are going DSLR then Canon 80D is what I would get!

Daniel83

Postby Daniel83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:19 pm

And the main reason for recommending the 80D is?

Regarding what you mentioned before, computational photography, I assume that will not be available with any DSLR but only with iphones etc. ?
Tim if you'd set up a photo booth today with a printer and the option to send images to social media etc. what would you use then? Iphone 11 and an Ipad with a fixed LED light?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Yes: iphone 11 with LED light. The ipad can just use iphone’s hotspot for internet while using camera too.
For DSLRs Canon 80D has best $/performance IMO

Daniel83

Postby Daniel83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Alright well, starting with a 80D there is always the option to switch to a iphone at a later stage.

Regarding the 80D as far as I understand it doesn't have the issue with live view and the strobe that is talked about in some places in the documentation!?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:20 pm

Correct - you have to make sure that one menu setting is set correctly...

Daniel83

Postby Daniel83 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:08 am

Thanks for the quick answers, great help!
I assume connecting a strobe to the 80D is just a matter of doing as normal and has nothing to do with the wifibooth app, correct?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:25 am

Yes, that's right.
You're welcome!

taladro

Postby taladro » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Well didn't really consider the Iphone 11 no. Is still quite pricy compared to what I get a say 80D for (around 350-400EUR used) and I would still say the real optics and the ability to sync a real flash (strobe) provides for a better image. But of course there is advantages with the iphone as well.
Hi Daniel, where do you found an 80D for 350 €? I´m looking in cash converters spain with no luck

geologic36

Postby geologic36 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 am

It may already work, please try it out (app is free to try out with all features)

Hello. I buy the application with a nikon D7100 without problem. I just changed my camera by Fujifilm X-T30 and it does not work. (It's strange xt10 and 20 seems compatible) :|

do you think you can make it compatible quickly?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:05 am

Hi geologic,
Are you saying Wifibooth doesn't work with the X-T30? What doesn't work -- does the camera not connect? or it connects but doesn't take photos?

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”