gifs stopped working mid event

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
rcastillo25

gifs stopped working mid event

Postby rcastillo25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Hello, I was going through my event photos on my iPad, and realized that only the first hour of photos had gifs. Those are the highlights of my events, everyone loves them and I’m so sad that more than half of the photos didn’t or won’t have any. Any idea why this would’ve happened?

tim
Site Admin

Re: gifs stopped working mid event

Postby tim » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks for the report and sorry this happened. You are the second person to report this. I will look at it monday.

What ipad and what ios version was this? And what camera?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

rcastillo25

Postby rcastillo25 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Sorry for the delay. I’m learning how to navigate this forum!

I have the iPad Pro 9.7”. I have updated to the latest IOS 13 something, sorry I do not have it with me but I always update as they come available. I use my iPad camera. My iPad functions as the camera with the front facing. I’ve used it for about 4 functions and have had absolutely no issues until this event on 11/2. I also noticed that after the 3 photos are taken, it does not automatically print like it used to either. I have to physically select print after each set of photos is taken. I have it set to “full” as I want it to automatically print. Not sure if the two issues are related. Thanks for the help!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi rcastillo,

No problem.
Those are two separate issues.

Re printing: if you are printing to a normal airprint printer, then you should select "AirPrint", not "Manual AirPrint" (which is the one that makes you select print every time, even with autopilot). If you are printing to a print server or a software application like printopia, then you're stuck with manual airprint until apple fixes the iOS 13 bug.

Re videos stopping recording halfway through an event: i've found & fixed the problem, an update will be out shortly. If you have an event this weekend, you should use the beta -- let me know and i'll get it to you.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

rcastillo25

Postby rcastillo25 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Ahhh ok. I am using printopia and it was automatic before this so that’s ok, I hope they help fix that. And thank you so much. My next event is in 2 weeks so I have some time. Thanks again! Rachelle

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:03 am

I hope they fix it too - I have been spending a LOT of time testing Apple's software, making them test projects to show the problems etc... I do not get paid for that time :?

Please try out everything before your event and leave 24-48 hours to work with me in case you find something that's not working how you want -- so I have time to answer your questions and make it perfect for your event! The update for videos not recording will definitely be out before your event (i'm targeting early next week). Thanks for your patience ...

captainronohio

Postby captainronohio » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:50 am

I'm using WDNP WPS print server. Will IOS 13 work with it? I want to check before I update the IOS on teh Ipad.

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 am

Yes, iOS 13 and DNP WPS printers work

Return to “Help: Other issues”