Image Caching

A slideshow app for Google Photos and your Camera Roll
gjaman

Image Caching

Postby gjaman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:52 pm

I'm planning on using soloslide on a LTE iPad.

I want to conserve data usage.

I already have the google photo app instead. Can soloslide use that library instead of re-fetching from the cloud?

If they are being fetched from the cloud in the app, are the photos cached? or is the photo being re-downloaded each time the photo is selected to be shown.

if you close and re-open the app, are photos re-downloaded?

thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Image Caching

Postby tim » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:24 pm

Images are always directly downloaded from Google’s servers using their API. Our app is strictly forbidden from caching any images or content per Google’s terms of service. Im afraid I don’t see a low-data solution.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

gjaman

Postby gjaman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:29 pm

Thank you for the fast reply!

Instead of using the cloud API - is it possible to use the photos already downloaded by the google photos app?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:56 pm

No. Google would never allow this or do the work required to make this possible, which is a lot bc of the way iOS sandboxes all apps
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

gjaman

Postby gjaman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:17 pm

too bad. I really appreciate the background info on how the app works.

Return to “Soloslides”