Which iPad should I use?

Having a problem that isn't related to cameras or printers?
thegrungeone

Which iPad should I use?

Postby thegrungeone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 am

Hi there,

I know, it's the easiest question and I also red all your device requirements, but I would like to know if I really need an iPad Pro or if something smaller will also do it. Smaller as in an iPad like for 500 Euros?

I would buy it for this app. :)

Cheers & thanks
Ellen

tim
Site Admin

Re: Which iPad should I use?

Postby tim » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Ellen,
It's a very good question to ask! Welcome to the forums :)
The app is capable of running on any iPad (even super old iPads), but I recommend at least the iPad Air 2 or newer. There isn't going to be a very visible improvement on the iPad Pro 9.7" over the iPad Air 2.

Don't get the iPad mini. Those are not good for this app.

If you can afford it, the app is very very impressive on the large iPad Pro 12.9" (the biggest one). The large size of that screen really makes an impact.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Naahh. I think I'm going to get an actual version of the iPad. The pro thing is too much money for right now. I'd like to start at first. :)
Therefore I have another two questions:
1) is that LTE thing really necessary?
2) do I need a big version of the iPad (like 128GB) or is there any possibility of connecting the iPad plain to one of my million SD cards? I mean, while that photo booth is at work ;D

Thanks for the fast answer. You have a new friend. I decided for your app beneath dslr booth and breeze because you seem to be very into it. Cheers and happy working together soon!

Btw: is there any list of what and how to purchase? :)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Nice to make friends :)

1) If you plan to connect an external camera to the ipad, then no, don't get LTE. That's because iOS doesn't allow apps like wifibooth to access both the wifi and the LTE at the same time (independently), and since wifi is required to connect to external cameras, then the LTE cannot be used. If you plan to use only the iPad camera, then getting LTE + sim card means you can use the features like dropbox, twitter, email, live on the internet even without wifi. If in doubt, don't get it.

2) No you don't need the big one. 32GB is sufficient. Don't get less than 32gb though, because then it gets hard to update the iPad to new versions of iOS in the future.

Regarding what to purchase, I assume you mean in the wifibooth app itself. There are three packages in wifibooth that you can purchase, and you should only purchase one of them -- the one you need. This help article breaks down the differences: https://wifibooth.com/article/buy/

Finally: version 4 of wifibooth is about to come out (in July I hope). This is quite a change! If you don't have a lot of time to invest in playing with the app until later, then it might be good to wait. But no worries if you cannot wait: all of the purchases are exactly the same, and the features are all still there in the new version.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Oh, I wrote "friend" instead of "fan", thanks to autocorrect. Bit it fits either way.

1) Okay, thanks a lot for your advice, it all sounds very good. Yes, I am going to use my old eos 600D, because that baby needs some work to do. She's been quite bored for some time now.

2) I could get the big one. But I don't think it's necessary if there's a way to extend it through another device or possibility. I'll read about that.

And the puchasing: I cannot see the prices, what am I doing wrong. I have no iPad at the moment... :D

//I'd go with the middle thing at first but I know I'm likely to be convinced soon that subscribing is a very good idea. But therefore I need to know prices. :))

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:23 pm

The prices depend on the country your apple ID is registered in. I think you can see prices in iTunes, if you look up the app in iTunes. But i'm not sure.

The Canon 600D does not have wifi. If you are planning to use an Eye-Fi card, please be warned that Eye-Fi support is very limited, due to the limitations of SD cards. For example, SD cards cannot trigger the camera. That rules out all the fun remote support, live view, and so on.

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Hmmmm, what would you recommend? I thought about an USB connection, but that isn't supported, isn't it?
Yea, it has to be an eyefi, I guess. Or is there a possibility to trigger the wifi somehow else?

Maybe I'll first start with that an get better from time to time. I guess for a start everything like this is okay.

Don't you think?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:40 pm

I'd definitely recommend getting a camera with built-in wifi. The difference in the experience with wifibooth (and any other app!) is night-and-day.
The Canon 750D is affordable, and a great all-rounder camera. I use it for photobooths all the time.

thegrungeone

Postby thegrungeone » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:20 am

All right. That would be one of my next steps then. Thanks a lot!!

Return to “Help: Other issues”